Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlofton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Ceiling fan and bedroom/bathroom lights quit working
    I was changing a light bulb in my ceiling fan and my bedroom and bathroom lights and ceiling fan quit working. I checked the breakers and nothing was tripped. I reset the breakers anyway and it is still not working. Do I need to check the wiring and if so, what do I check for?
    BUDHA10673 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Ok this just happened at my moms house where she lives and she called me and said she turned her bathroom light on and it blew and she changed the light bulb and it still didn't work and she said her breakers weren't tripped or anything and she said that also her hallway lights and stuff didn't work but the plugs in the bathroom and in the hall worked so anyway I went over there and started looking around to see if I could find out what the problem was because I used to have a construction business in Florida so I know a little bit about wiring and stuff like that so I took her light fixture down in the bathroom to see if I could see if any wires were burned in half or anything and I found that there was a bad wirenut that had broke on the inside and it wasn't connected so I guess when she turned the switch on it finished shorting out or something but I put a new connector on it and checked the other ones to make sure they were OK and after I put the light fixture back up it worked fine and is still working so I hope this helps you good luck
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Is there a GFI outlet that needs to be reset?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Is there a GFI outlet in the circuit?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Sorry ceilingfanrepairman, I didn't see your post.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 12, 2007, 04:34 PM
    If not GFI at Panel or bath. Lightly run finger down breakers, Not hard enough to turn off, but enough to expose tripped breaker,(Tripped but not thrown)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Installed Ceiling Fan: Fan Works/Lights Quit Working [ 3 Answers ]

I successfully installed a Hampton ceiling fan about three maybe four years ago and it has worked just fine up until about 4 months ago when the lights would start going off and then sometimes come back on intermittently. Suspecting a loose connection, I removed the light housing and found that...

Fan Quit Working [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze fan w/ remote in my living room. After installation, it worked great for about a year. After winter, I switched the fan so that it would reverse flow and push the air down. When I went to start it about a month later, the fan did not work. The light still works, but the...

HB ceiling fan quit [ 1 Answers ]

Our harbor breeze ceiling fan quit during dinner, the light was on at the time, now neither the light or the fan will work. Checked the breaker and no switchs were through, other lights on that same cerkit still work, put new battaries in the remote and the remote light comes on, Any ideas...

2 Ceiling Lights stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

Both my upstairs landing light and bedroom light have both stopped working. What ever has caused them to stop also appears to have blown the bulbs. I have changed the bulbs and checked the fuse board (not sure if that's the correct name for it) but all the switches were still on. I turned them off...

View more questions Search