Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrenchnhook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Fingernail infection
    I am expiriencing sort of pitting and grooving in my thumbnails. I try to applie an antifungul but to no avail. I seems to dry it but does not cure it. How did I get this and what can I do to end it? I a Doctor visit my best bet?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Do you have any other medical conditions? Anemia can cause this, as well as smoking. Are you a smoker?
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 19, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchnhook
    I am expiriencing sort of pitting and grooving in my thumbnails. I try to applie an antifungul but to no avail. I seems to dry it but does not cure it. How did I get this and what can I do to end it? I a Doctor visit my best bet?
    I get this because I am allergic to lemon juice,and I waitress,so I get it under my nails.I don't touch them but the tongs we use to pick them up with gets on my nails.also fake nails will damage the surface of your nails.Nothing has worked for me,but keep them short and maybe it will grow out.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 09:01 PM
    There is a fungal infection called onycholysis (I'll look it up) I think you have this it is treatable with anti-fungal medication.

Here is some info for you

Nail disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

SEX I started seeing someone that I really like! We've moved into a sexual relationship! This is my FIRST real sexual relationship, but not his. It's been about three weeks and we've had sex at several times a week! Now I'm itching like crazy! It's not the whole area just the area around the...

Yeast Infection [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so I'm wondering when is it considered to be a really bad yeast infection... I have one, but I ahvent seen a doctor yet, I reallly want to go to the doctor, But I'm scared and nervous. I think I've told my mom, But I think she thinks that its not really a yeast infection. Im sick of the...

Possible infection [ 2 Answers ]

I just noticed a whitehead of pus on one of my dog's nipples. Could it be serious?

Infection [ 3 Answers ]

If your Tongue ring gets infected, Can you die from it? OMG please tell me NO lol... I still want a tongue ring and I don't know how to tell my mom why i want one! i mean hello it is HOT hehe! help me out thanks!:p

Bellybutton infection [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have any piercings, but I frequently have an infection inside my bellybotton. When I go to clean it out I can feel some discomfort all the way down my groin. Could it be a symptom of something else (prostrate, etc.)?

View more questions Search