Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4-15-05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Afraid to go home
    My 14 yr old sister was taken away from our mother for abuse and neglect. Child services got her to sign power of attorney over to me, but now she wants her back. Child services closed the case so they said she could come pick her up if she wanted to, my sister is scared to go back. She wants to stay with us but no one will help me get custody of her without putting her through anymore . Any advice?
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 09:27 PM
    All ican say when I was little I went though that I was like 3 years old when it started and dident end till iwas around 7-9 somewhere in that area I guess you kind have to put her though it talk to a lawyer because no kid should have to go though that its bull that parents do it
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Hello 4:

I'm not sure I quite understand, however, here's what I'd do.

You have power of attorney. Have your sister move in with you and let the mother file against you if she's going to. At 14, the court/CPS will listen to her very carefully.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 17 and I'm afraid I might be pregnant... [ 13 Answers ]

I was expecting my period sometime during the last week. And I started bleeding Friday night. But it pretty much stopped becaues I didn't have it Saturday and not yet today. And Im really worried. Any input would be appreciated.

So afraid of loosin him [ 4 Answers ]

I'm so afraid of loosin my boyfrind of 1 year . He says I'm the onl girl he ever wants to be with but I don't know if I can believe him because I have so much bad luck with boys in the past. I'm nearly 18 and he's 20. I hate asking him all the time am I the only girl he's with... does this show I...

I'm afraid of going crazy [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 17 and I've already been dianosed bipolar, but I'm afraid that there is something else wrong with me. Only my family knows about it. Are these feelings normal? I'm starting college next fall and I'm afraid that I'll go crazy there. I can't sleep with out a really loud fan. At sleep overs I...

Afraid to be a friend. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a best friend who I would honestly do anything for,anytime, anywhere. She means so much to me. I have learned in the past that I have said things or blogged about issues I shouldn't have which related to her. We almost had a falling out over a guy. This has actually happened a couple of...

Afraid I am infertile! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 19 and I have been with my fiancé for 3yrs and been having unprotected sex for around a year and a half since having a contraceptive rod removed from my arm, But I have never fallen pregnant. This is seriously starting to worry me as at this age I should be at my most fertile. So why isn't I...

View more questions Search