Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarah_B Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Emancipation of 16 year old in Indiana
    I am a 16 year old high school student in need of some answers about the emancipation laws and requirements to be emancipated. I am already practically living on my own. My mom has let my boyfriend move in and has been living with me for almost 7 months now and he and I are paying the bills because my mom can't. I would just like to get out of this situation and quit paying her bills I really need to know the laws and requirements to be emancipated.:confused: Thank you so much for your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Call children and family services, they will help you
    Sunshine2 Posts: 70, Reputation: 11

May 9, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_B
    I am a 16 year old high school student in need of some answers about the emancipation laws and requirements to be emancipated. I am already practically living on my own. My mom has let my boyfriend move in and has been living with me for almost 7 months now and he and I are paying the bills because my mom can't. I would just like to get out of this situation and quit paying her bills I really need to know the laws and requirements to be emancipated.:confused: Thank you so much for your help.
    I do not know what the laws are in the state in which you live. Where I live you have to prove that you can support yourself independently. Basically, you have your own place, a job, food, etc. It is possible. I got emancipated at 17.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emancipation in Indiana [ 2 Answers ]

We live in Indiana. My boyfriend is 16 years old and he lives with me and an adult friend of ours. Our friend is like a dad to him and helps me to care for him. His mom will not give our friend her rights and she collects foodstamps and child support on him. She does drugs and abuses her son, not...

Indiana emancipation of 18-year-old adult [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find some information for my girlfriend. She is currently in high school, but could have graduated early (waited to get honors credit), is 18 years old, and living at home with her parents. Her family does not approve of our 2yr long relationship (I'm her age, don't worry) in general,...

Indiana emancipation law? [ 5 Answers ]

My brother's girlfriend has been being sexually abused by her physically handicapped older brother from the time she can remember. Both of her parents know about it and have done nothing. She's 16. Child Protective Services came and took her yesterday, but returned her to her parents' home,...

Emancipation in Indiana [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are the parents of six children; the older three ours and the younger three are an adopted sibling group; they have been part of our family for about four years. The oldest adopted son has been a real challenge to raise, and to cut to the point, left home when he turned 18 and...

View more questions Search