Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amphicar64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Floresent dinner
    I have three futures in my kitchen . They have 2, 30 watt bulbs in them my wife says
    They are to bright, and wants a dimmer on them . Question. Can I but a dimmer switch on them ,and where can I get one? They are fluorescent bulbs
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 04:22 PM
    I don't know that there are dimmers meant for fluorescent lights. You can buy CFL bulbs that will work with conventional dimmers. Just look around at the different ones on display for ones labeled to use with dimmers. I find Home Depot has a good selection of CFL bulbs at reasonable prices.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 02:57 AM
    There are dimming fluorescent systems for most lamps that require special dimming ballasts and dimmers. These are somewhat expensive, and most likely only available special order from an electrical distributor.

Something that may help would be to change the existing lamps to a different "color". You most likely have cool white or 41K lamps. Look for warm white, soft white, or 35K lamps. These lamps will produce a softer warmer "color" light. Cool white can be harsh or too much "cool color" light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rehearsal dinner [ 4 Answers ]

My son is getting married soon. My daughter in law to be says that no one except the people involved in the rehearsal should come to the rehearsal dinner. All the rehearsal dinners I have ever been to, the spouses are invited to join the dinner. (Such as the minister's wife, etc.) What is...

Floresent Dimmer? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the scoop on Floresent dimmers? I am hanging a chandalier and would like to consider the new energy saver bulbs, so, what are my issues if I use a dimmer?

Dinner time? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best time to eat dinner?

Holiday Dinner - try something new! [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any other thoughts?? Rosemary Garlic Roast Turkey By Evelyn Raab This recipe belongs to the following categories: ChristmasDinnerHealthyLunchMain CoursesMake AheadThanksgiving If Italians had invented roast turkey, it would turn out something like this. Wonderfully...

Sunday dinner [ 20 Answers ]

I'm just prerping our Sunday lunch and I started to wonder what everyone else does. Who in your household is in charge of the main Sunday meal and what do you have ? In my house I tend to be in charge of the whole shooting match. Sundays for us normally means some sort of roast, today its...

View more questions Search