Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Does the child have the right to his childsupport
    My husband and I recently got guardianship over his yonger brother. He collects childsupport but his mon refuses to send it to him. Who has the right the childsupport the mother or the child?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 02:20 PM
    I would have thought it was the parent because they have to support the child hence 'child support'
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 3, 2007, 03:45 PM
    I am not sure if this is true in your state but in California the guardians would be the ones to receive child support from BOTH parents. You could probably call a lawyer and get the information for free as I do know a lot of them will do free consults even over the phone.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 04:04 PM
    In Canada child support goes to the supporting person. Are you actually speaking of child support, or something else?

Didi
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

May 3, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Child support is to care for the child... The guardian, or whomever is providing food, shelter, med care, etc is the one who should receive the money as it helps offset costs. I would contact the paying parent and child support enforcement. As well, if guardianship was established with an attorney contact them... Ultimately, both parents should be paying a portion of support to guardian. The only reason one parent doesn't pay support is they usually have custody and it goes without saying they have to pay for food, shelter. Good luck. Cathy
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

May 4, 2007, 02:45 AM
    It has to be written in the original guardian papers. If it isn't then you need to go back to court and get the child support in there.
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2007, 08:04 PM
    If you have legal custody, just call you local child support enforcement office. Set up and appt and take the court papers in where the custody was assigned. They will handle th rest for you at no charge. If you can't locate the local office. Just call you local district attorney's office and they can help you with a phone number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Childsupport? Nobody knows who the baby's Daddy is? [ 1 Answers ]

My son dated a girl briefly. Her and her other lied about her age. My son was 18 and her 17 years old. She is pregnant is trying to say that the baby is his. When she found out she was pregnant she confessed she had been doing drugs,drinking and smoking. He found out she was sleeping with many guys...

Child tax credit :child on H-4 came August 2006 , [ 1 Answers ]

Hi atlanta tax guru I am on h-1 ( entered in June 2006) wife & son entered ( on h-4) August 2006 I am filing as resident alien as I passed test, Wife & son entered 19th August 2006 , are they pass test after 6 months Is it valid to call them resident alien after 19 feb 2007 ? And will...

Childsupport and time [ 11 Answers ]

I love my daughter very much and pick her up from school everday and drop her off to her mom everyday ,she is ten and has a learning disability so her home work takes up a lot of time .I have joint legal custody I also have her every other weekend,I keepasking her mom to drop child support or give...

Enforcing childsupport from Mexico [ 5 Answers ]

Need to force parent to help pay for son. He lives in La Barca Mexico and I live in California U.S. It is only right that the parent in Mexico helps out with his son and he just settled a workers comp case but my son receives nonthing. Any advice on how to get action done. Please

View more questions Search