Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tugman_1 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 11:05 AM
    How can I find the right guy
    How can I find the right guy?? :confused:
    Rory Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2007, 11:23 AM
    There is no such thing, so stop looking. Its all a fairy tale and no disrepect but you need to grow up a bit.
    The ideal man that exsists in your mind, only exsists in your mind.
    The "right guy" is some one who's just nice, simple as that.
    There must be plenty of nice men you know? Men who don't contantly dribble while looking at you, some one who likes you for you, but I wonder? Would you like him for him? Or for his car? Or money? Or career?
    Before you start looking for some one else to dump your emotional trash on, first find yourself.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 3, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Listen, What do you mean by Right? Just as there is nothing called PERFECT, there is no such thing as Right man or right woman. We need to make things right for us to get adjusted in life... if you meet wrong man, it's just your perception that he's wrong for you. In other words... Right guys just happen as wrong ones do... as soon as you'll hit upon your Right guy, your heart will tell you so. But for that, u need not go out hunting or experimenting lot of guys, whatever is meant to be yours in life... is the RIGHT guy for you.

May 3, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Its so hard to find a guy that will be good to me and not dump me for something dum...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 11:31 AM
    You are young. You are only 17, you have a long road ahead. You will find the right guy for you when the time is right. But, unfortunately we never know exactly when the right time is.

Just let time and maturity be your guide. Date someone your own age, you will have more in common with him.

May 3, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    You are young. You are only 17, you have a long road ahead. You will find the right guy for you when the time is right. But, unfortunately we never know exactly when the right time is.

Just let time and maturity be your guide. Date someone your own age, you will have more in common with him.

Older guys are smarter then guy teenage so that is why I date older guys:p :cool:
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Older guys are also in different life stages than most 17 year olds. So many (not all, so don't jump down my throat) older guys who date teen girls are out for only one thing.

May 3, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Older guys are also in different life stages than most 17 year olds. So many (not all, so don't jump down my throat) older guys who date teen girls are out for only one thing.

No there not some older guys just want to be with someone
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Did you read the enitre answer I posted above?

And what do you mean by "no there not?"

No, they're not in different life stages? If that is what you mean, I beg to differ.

If you mean that not all are purely out for sex, I did not say that.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 3, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Hey what's older and younger... sit back and relax.. these days not going to come back in your life again... don't be in a hurry to get into relationships... they just happen and stop worrying about who what where? Don't lose out on the moments.
    ceriphante Posts: 95, Reputation: 22

May 3, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tugman_1
    its so hard to find a guy that will be good to me and not dump me for something dum....
    Look xbox and playstation 2, beer, strippers, working on engines, and your sister/friend/MOM (lol) are not dum, they're ALL perfectly good reasons to dump a girl!!
    OK so that's a complete LIE but I couldn't resist testing your sense of humour hey?.

There are actually lots of us nice guys out here just as there are lots of nice gals out there too its really not much more than a game of hit and miss, really, meet someone get to know them, be a little fussy not too fussy or you'll be old and lonely, if something works out great if it doesn't that's one less mr wrong you have to meet on your path to finding the right guy for you hey? :)

I got to say though your question is really short, maybe enlighten us a bit further, like what's the situation that you ended up in? Why'd your last guy break up with you? Maybe we can help...

And what's more, I think there's some truth about the older guys thing.. then they grow up and realise that sex isn't all they really need to be happy then they refuse to date younger girls anymore lol its weird how life works hey? Haha
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

May 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Like's been said above... There's no 'finding' the right guy. You have to get to know someone before you can tell one way or there other. Just, for the love of god, don't play any of the stupid games. Just be honest about what you're looking for and NEVER, EVER take the cowardly way out.

Also, if every guy you meet ends up being a bastard, maybe you need to take a long hard look at what men you find attractive... And do something about it. As in, maybe take a chance on the guy who isn't clearly a bastard.
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

May 3, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Sorry Tugman,I hate to say this but from reading your other threads you are going to be un dateable for a long time. You need to heal your heart first before looking for someone. When my ex broke up with me the first time I was devistated and wanted to find someone to fill the void I had in my heart from my loss. Your still young you have a lot of living to do. You need to find yourself. I no you probably didn't want to hear this but this is reality.
    dbennett24 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tugman_1
    how can i find the right guy??????:confused:
    Don't look in the bars. Unless that is what you like. Usually guys in the bars are married, lots of problems. The good ones are at home mostly, but church is good, christian single groups, meetup.com. My son is single and joined meet-up. He is shy, but a great guy and that is where they start
    ceriphante Posts: 95, Reputation: 22

May 3, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbennett24
    dont look in the bars. unless that is what you like. usually guys in the bars are married, lots of problems. the good ones are at home mostly, but church is good, christian single groups, meetup.com. my son is single and joined meet-up. he is shy, but a great guy and that is where they start

Just a little addendum to this
    Agreed that mostly the good ones are at home, though I disagree about churches and christian single groups I've met some of the most messed up girls EVER when partaking in religious groups.. so yeah you do not HAVE to rely on religious groups to find nice people by the way, there are plenty of nice athiests out here *grin* :P~

I'll checkout meetup.com though dbennett24 thanks for the tip :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bi guy falls for straight guy [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 34 yrs old and realized I'm bi sexual have not crossed over yet but very much on the move. 6 months I've been real close to a guy whom I've known for almost 20 years but do to the difference in age (hes 8yrs younger) we've just connected deeply over the past summer. The past month he's come...

What can I do about this guy I like? [ 2 Answers ]

well it's only one guy but basically what I'm trying to say if I need help talking to this guy I like. I'm 14 and never dated anyone before so I am a little confused where to start. All of my friends have gotten boyfriends before me but it didn't really bother me until now. I'm shy and don't have a...

How to get over a guy you like? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello please help me, I posted a comment a few days back about a guy I liked, briefly outlining that I liked him but KNEW nothing could happen because of the differences between us, like smokin, drugs etc! It's still on my mind 24/7 but however much I WANT him I KNOW it can't happen. At the moment...

Need guy help [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys I want to really know from a guys perspective, what do you find hot or sexy in a girl(preferably a teen girl). Thanks :)

View more questions Search