Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laksmi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 03:49 AM
    EU marrying a russian
    I'm an EU citizen, with a full British passport.
    I currently live in Denmark. I have met, am in love with and wish to marry a russian who is in Denmark on a special work permit. He is here only on this basis.
    I want to know what implications there are to him in relation to passports etc, if we married.

Currently he needs to apply and pay for a visa should whenever we want to go to Britain together. Ideally I would like him to be able to come with me to Britain as easily I do.

I do not intend to live back in Britain, but nor do I intend to live in Denmark forever.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
    Russian Bella Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Any citizen with an ex-soviet passport, is required to get a visa in order to travel outside of the soviet republics. If you do not want him to always go through this hassle (it is SUCH a hassle, I always have to purchase a visa to go back to my homeland!) then he needs to apply for an EU passport. The passport will allow him to travel within any of the nations in the European Union.
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for Russian comunities abroad [ 2 Answers ]

Please, help me to find the internet resources or contacts of russian comunities all over the world.

Russian Dwarf Hmasters [ 7 Answers ]

Can you keep dwarf hamsters in your bedroom?:D I don't know! Hahahaha!

Russian Lever [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have my grades in 3 weeks and I'm struggling with my russian lever on beam - any sugestions? :( thanks!

Need Help With Russian Girl [ 1 Answers ]

I live in U.S. I have started process for U.S. K-1 Fiancée visa. Also will have to file hardship petition because I can not afford to travel abroad. Please anyone with any info regarding this subject please help!!

Russian History: Krondstat Uprising [ 1 Answers ]

Hey can anyone give me information regarding the krondstat uprising, during the russian revolution, in the 1920's.

View more questions Search