Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrtravel Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Hampton Bay Fan
    Hello, a friend bought a sidewinder fan and it rquires a small 12 volt battery (not included) for the remote. It is shorter and smaller than any of the A types. Home Depot and Staples and London Drugs have never heard of such a size. Please, anyone help
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Are you sure it does not require a 9 volt battery?
    mrtravel Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair
    Are you sure it does not require a 9 volt battery?
    Actually, yes I am positive it needs a 12 volt as I found one today. It is the same battery used for remote car starters. Found it at Battery world. Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Never heard of that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords...

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan: fan speed pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

The pull chain controlling the fan speed snapped off inside the unit. How much disassembly is required to replace it?

View more questions Search