Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arwen75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Tracking down 401k for dying father
    Hello. My father is dying, and most of his money is in the form of a retirement fund, and in 401k. He has asked me to "track down the money". He is in the hospital, and I am in another state for another 2 weeks. How do I begin finding this money for him? I can't even reach his last employer.:confused:
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 1, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Who ever administrates his 401k send him report quarterly, so his mail is a good start or find out the administrates for his job or friends who worked with him. Kind of hard being out of state finding info without a lawyer. Also if your not a beneficiary they cannot give you info with out legal power of attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tracking a cell [ 2 Answers ]

How can I track a person by their cell number

TomTom Tracking [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if there's a piece of software I can buy / download that I can use to track my TomTom usage via GPS? Cheers peeps! J

My father is Dying and I don't know how I would deal with it. [ 6 Answers ]

I found out about 2 mounths ago that my father is dying and I don't know how I could deal with loseing my dad. I found out that he has known for 5 years that he was sick. He never told any body and I don't know how to deal with it. My mother and father has been separated since I was 3 and I call...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search