Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordan1775 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Going Through Divorce.ok to buy new car?
    Going through Divorce process... very close to final paperwork... I need a new car to ensure I can transport our kids to school and for me to get to work... will buying a new car while going through the divorce process be an issue?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2007, 11:11 PM
    I don't know where you live, but I know that in many places once you are served (or serve your partner) with divorce papers the assets should be considered frozen and you can only spend large sums of money from the assets if the other party agrees. It may even say that on your paperwork.

Now, it sounds like you must have a lawyer if the paperwork is so close to being final. Why not ask your lawyer? Maybe a vehicle is something you would want to work into the settlement. If you are just thinking of putting a down payment on one and taking out a loan, you better make sure you can afford it first, that's for sure!

Hope this helps...

Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buy Another Car or Use Existing Car 'til It Runs No More [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me resolve a debate with my husband. I am a first time car owner. I bought a new Jeep in 8/04 for $23,600. I put $5K down on the purchase + my loan is for 60 months. I would like to trade in the liberty before it gets too old + has too many miles on it. Does it make better sense to...

Lease or buy a new car [ 3 Answers ]

I am retired. I drive a 2000 Jaguar. In a couple of years I want to get a new jaguar.Would I be more prudent to lease a new Jaguar or buy one? I drive about 12,000miles a year. Thank you very much.

Should I buy a wire brush for Car Rust work? [ 2 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should get a wire brush to remove the rust on my car to get it ready for rust stop, body filler etc... any of your opinions would be appreciated, as usual?! THANKS.:confused:

Movie re: better car(not electric), maybe 40 produced, he couldn't buy steel. 70-80s? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am looking for a movie title. True story. It was about an American guy who designed a super-efficient car, that used very little fuel. He faced production problems due to the controls of the auto industry, and finally was unable to buy enough steel to make his cars. Only about...

View more questions Search