Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ozzieIrish Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2007, 02:50 AM
    Every time I try to move on he contacts me
    Hello all.

I dated a guy about 18 months ago it all seemed to go very well, I guess we both fell quickly and it was lots of chatting etc. we Lived away from each other 100miles but met up at weekeends and have a lot in common

He pulled away stating reasons of getting on track with his life house etc it was damm hard for me and took me some time to try and move on but I started to do so. In the meantime I moved countries and am further away now than I ever was.

I used to send emails jokes etc but stopped as a means of moving on, but he will always come back and contact me just as I'm getting on with things.

I haven't met anyone since then, only flash in the pans, he always reminds me of how good we were together etc but never keeps it up or stays in contact regularly after that, I pull away again and he's back.

I would not move home for him I would have done some time back but not now. Hes a sensitive guy but meets women and never holds onto them.

I guess I am not meeting any new guys and its lonely in a new country and you are afraid to make an effort in case you get knocked back .

I guess what I am saying is what do I do from here, I know in my head what to do but my heart always rules my head and I guess I live in hope

Thanks
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Very simple solution here. No matter what, you know that he does not try to hang on. You know that he always backs away. Contacts you after the fact. Guess what, you need to just let it go. Is it worth it or not.
    So my advice is no contact. Ask him why are you contacting me after all this time when you were not willing to stick through things and actually make things work out.

How does he contact you? Email? Phone? Mail? Messenger?

I think you need to decide what is right for you. If you do not want the contact then you need to make changes to make sure he does not contact you again.

Best of luck.

Joe

Apr 29, 2007, 03:17 AM
    Thanks Joe,

I have sent the please don't contact me email about 5 times now. He contacts me by messenger usually. I don't have him on my buddy list but to be honest I never block him.

I guess I know the answer in my head. I don't want to block him because I'm afraid he won't contact me again. I guess I'm always there to rely in when he's lonely or ends a relationship. I am too nice and I guess I don't want to be seen in a bad light, I guess we all want to be seen as a nice person.

I haven't met anyone since, well anyone that made me feel that I was loved, the guy before him was my fiancée and I guess I always thought he was too good for me. I guess it up to me to take control of my life for once and for all and he knows where I am if I am supposed to be the one for him hey.

Thanks again
    Feel free to comment
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 03:22 AM
    [
    Yes, I believe that everybody on this website that asks questions. They truly know the answer but for some back up they want to hear the opinions of others first. It makes sense, everybody looks for reassurance to make sure they are making the right decisions in their life.

Well for messenger there is that blocked option, but if your not ready for that. It is up to you what you think is right. He knows where you are right? If there is a future chanch he could always track you down?

Yes, for sure you need to take control of your own life. Make things happen for yourself and everything else will fall in place. You never know what the future may hold. All you need to do is live for today and make the best of it.

I hope that I have helped you here.

Joe

Apr 29, 2007, 03:35 AM
    Thanks Joe,

You certainly have. Keep up the good work

:)
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dave2247 View Post
    The only way for you to get through this is with no contact. Its the hardest way to go but the only way to go.
    Dave,

This is at least the second thread you have responded to that has clearly been inactive for two or more years. Please pay close attention to the dates on these threads. We see you have your own thread and it is best to give advice or ask questions in either already active threads or your own.

Thanks!

Your friendly neighborhood Tiger. :cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Contacts [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 16 years old and my parents think Im mature enough to handel contacts, but I have an astigmatism and I know there are contacts for that but what are they exactly and what does the doctor do when you go to get them? Also I have black hair and pretty dark brown eyes and I wanted to get...

Mouth Dry every time I wake up [ 11 Answers ]

I would like to know what does it mean when every time I weak up from sleeping my mouth is always dry. Its like I have to go run and get something to drink. Then on top of that I be feeling really bad. Can someone please email me back soon Thank You

Illusions contacts VS Natural touch contacts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Any one got any info on Illusions opeque colored contacts and Natrual Touch opeque colored contacts? Because I want to order some but my budget is very slim. The discroption of the contacts says that they provide depth to the eye... which gives off the illusion that they color you have is the...

Blower isn't coming on every time [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with my Concord gas furnace, in every cycle the exhaust fan comes on, then the igniter does it's job and lights all burners. However either one of two things happen afterwards: a) the burners suddenly go out,. re-lights... goes back out,. then repeats until the unit shuts down...

View more questions Search