Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jills-jewels Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Renewing wedding vows?Is is OK to have flower girl?
    We are renewing our wedding vows after 21 years of marriage, on the 21st of July. Is it OK to have a flower girl or attendant? I want to include my sons in it, too. Think I will have them walk me down the isle. My neiice is bugging me about being in it, but, I'm not sure if that would look right for this. Any suggestions? Thanks
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 27, 2007, 10:52 PM
    I don't know that there are standards for renewing vows. I think you should do whatever makes you happy. After all, you are married and have enjoyed 2 decades together. I think that entitles you to make this your own special celebration. Rules need not apply!
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

Apr 27, 2007, 11:19 PM
    I think that a vow renewal is an opportunity to celebrate with your loved ones your committement/love to your spouse. This is a time to plan what you and your husband want in a ceremony. It's about sharing the celebration of your marriage. It's wonderful to see a long lasting marriage. Celebrate for all of us! Cathy
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 11:30 PM
    I am a firm believer that a wedding, and a renewal of vows, is for the couple, first and foremost. I think they should do whatever makes them happy (within the law, of course!) and they don't need to worry about other people's opinions.

For the record, you could have your kids 'give you away' and if you wanted to include the niece she could be a flower girl.

Hope this helps!

Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renewing Greek Passport [ 4 Answers ]

I need urgent help and I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me. I have a greek passport that my father has always renewed for me in Zambia (where I was born). He can't do it any more so I am on my own. Unfortunately I cannot speak greek and this has caused me no end of problems. ...

Renewing wedding vows? [ 4 Answers ]

We are renewing our wedding vows on July 21st, it will be 21 years, and I was pregnant when we got married and didn't have a big wedding or dance. What would you suggest would be acceptable to do? We are renewing them in our Catholic church, should I have our 2 sons walk be down the isle, then...

Stock flower [ 1 Answers ]

What is the flower stock?

Moles in my flower bed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Does anyone have a surefire way to get rid of moles? I know about the spikes and repellants. I want to elimanate them like Bill Murray in "Caddy Shack", but would prefer to not use anything explosive. (Just kidding). Would appreciate any tried and true remedies. Thanks. Dave.

View more questions Search