Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LittlePetunia Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Dark Circles or Dark Shades Under My Eyes
    Hello it really bothers me that I have dark circles under my eyes and some people think that I'm doing drugs or something like that because of my dark circles and they make my eyes look small. I absolutlely hate it when I get my picture taken and I look so tired in all of them but my mother also has dark circles and I'm wondering if it's genetics and if there is a way to get rid of my dark circles for good. Does anybody know a home remedy, skin care product, or etc. to get rid of them?
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 27, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Do you have allergies-like seasonal allergies or asthma? This is sometimes caused from allergy drainage.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2007, 09:55 PM
    I have that too and my Mother did and my Grandmother. Genetics could play a great part in that. Also the allergies/sinus conditions.

Here are some sites with at home remedies for those dark circles:

Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes - My Home Remedies - Home Remedy Forum
    Dark circles under eyes,Dark Circles around eyes treatment
    Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
    ginaforsyth Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 12:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePetunia
    Hello it really bothers me that I have dark circles under my eyes and some people think that I'm doing drugs or something like that because of my dark circles and they make my eyes look small. I absolutlely hate it when I get my picture taken and I look so tired in all of them but my mother also has dark circles and I'm wondering if it's genetics and if there is a way to get rid of my dark circles for good. Does anybody know a home remedy, skin care product, or etc. to get rid of them?
    I have them too. And dark circles under the eyes in my case is attributed to allergies. If you are a subtle 'mouth-breather' when you sleep and even during the day from time to time, that is a sign you probably have allergies. See an allergist. If you are a teenager, or in your early 20's you can probably get rid of the signs of the eye circles that way. You can always consult with a cosmetic surgeon to address the dark circles.
    Heinvest Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 09:08 PM
    If you don't have "permanent" dark circles then you can these remedies:

• Drink at least 8-10 cups of water every day
    • Sleep on average 7-8 hours a day
    • Eat well\Good Diet
    • Exercise often

You can find more here: http://www.eyebags101.com/dark-circles-under-eyes

If you have permanent dark circles then you could try using an eye cream or even cover them up with a concealer. There are also surgeries that can be preformed in order to get rid of dark circles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Circles [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There I Am 29 Years Old Lady Who Very Prominent Dark Circles Makes Me Depressed At Times. I Have A Underlying Problem Of Chronic Sinusitis For Which I Had Operation In July 2006 Which Did not Help Releiving Congestion. I Tried Nasal Douche With Irrigating Salt With Not Much Improvements. I...

Dark circles and puffinesses under the eyes [ 7 Answers ]

I am 16 and as I grow older I have realised that my under eyes are getting worse everyday. Now I can clearly see the purple veins under my eyes passing by. What I really need help at is: are there any creams you recommend me to use to get a clear certain solution for this problem:confused: please...

Dark under-eye circles [ 19 Answers ]

I have always had dark circles under my eyes. I am white, fair-skinned and blonde. Could this be the only reason? I also saw an ENT doc for a septoplasty 3 years ago and he told me the reason could be sinus related and said the surgery may help, but it hasn't at all. I am well nourished and get...

Dark circles under the eyes [ 3 Answers ]

I have had dark circles under the for a long time now.I have tried using some products to remove.but its still not faded or gone.I love to wear black eye liners but I am unable to wear it cause of my dark circles,it makes my eye are looks muck darker if I ever wore it.so I had to use some other...

View more questions Search