Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melovechris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Is it love or are fling
    I'm with are guy but I don't know if he really dose love me when he says he dose how can you really tell if a guy loves you pleas help
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 26, 2007, 09:11 PM
    If you're not sure, then no, it's not love. But, of course I'm not saying it's just a fling either. YOU will KNOW when you're in love. To love someone you must trust them and trust what they say is true and by you questioning if what he says is true, it seems to me like YOU don't trust him.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2007, 09:22 PM
    A little more info?

Why don't you believe him? How old? How long together? Issues in the relationship?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 12:45 AM
    It would be lovely if he loves you and amazing if you could trust that to be the truth. But unless he trusts you and you love him too, what does it matter?
    Anayden Posts: 67, Reputation: 19

Apr 27, 2007, 12:49 AM
    I agree with luvmymaltipoo, you just know. If you have to question it, then no. Think of it this way. What does he do that SHOWS he loves you. Not how many times he say it but what does his actions say? If he kisses you just because or gives you something just because or if he goes out of his way to please you then, possibly. There is no real way with telling with men because they all act sweet in the beginning and then turn on you once they think they got you so to save you the heartache, just dump his sorry azz cause men isn't shyt but trouble, pain, and grief. LoL. I say that cause I'm married, so I KNO!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 27, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Time will tell if its love, or just a strong attraction, or just infatuation.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anayden
    Anayden disagrees: Age has nothing to do with love. Regardless of what people may think, love comes in all ages and if you tell me that aint true then you are saying that a baby can't love its mother.
    Wow. I'm just asking about experience. A little more info? I made no judgement. If you follow any of my other posts I HAVE told young people that I believe they are in love at 16, for ex, but that your experience and understanding of love can change over time. You are, however, ignorant if you think a 5 year old understanding of love is the same as a 20 year olds. The idea of what love is evolves with our experiences, and we get more experience with... what... age!

That does not mean that an older person necessarily knows how to love better. I know a 55 year old man with his head up his arse in this area and I know a 22 year old that I think is wiser than most. However, a younger person exp with love, esp a first love, is often this over encompassing thing that can overwhelm all. It is useful to know how old someone in concerning a relationship, regardless of your noise.

If love is love regardless of age or situation then its fine for a 14 year old girl to be with a 35 year old man, right? What about a married man? What about a teacher who sleeps with her student because they are in love? I asked her to clarify her situation.

I think this is the first time someone has ever disagreed with my asking for information. what a joke.

By the way.. really nice view of men. Glad to know "men aint shyt but trouble, pain, and grief". You must be a joy to be around. Do you plan on using that line in your wedding planning business?
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 27, 2007, 07:57 AM
    MeLoveChris-Take Taliniman's advice-Great answer. That's all you need to know-plain and simple.

Apr 27, 2007, 08:35 PM
    To kp2171 didn't you see the LoL? It means laugh out loud like joking, although it is true. And yea I love my husband but men still and shyt and until one of them prove me wrong imma keep saying it.

Apr 27, 2007, 08:37 PM
    I wasn't getting offended, this is just a post to say what you think. Im open minded to anyone's answers and questions. I wasn't trying to stick a pole down your throat, I was just stating what I thought. If you got offended by it my bad, but I didn't mean it in a harsh way.
    mazydazy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 11:37 AM
    I'm 42 and not still get very confused on this topic! I mean exactly what is "love" between a man and a woman? I've been married, divorced, lived with others, had many relationships, but I still get confused about love.
    I have that "one" person who has always been the most "special" but we can't seem to have a good relationship when we are together, but I miss him when we are apart. Does he love me? I don't know! There is certainly something that keeps drawing us together over the past 15 years. Is this love? I don't know and I have stopped questioning it. My point is sometime you live a long time and never have the answers for affairs of the heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

Online fling [ 3 Answers ]

So, I have been talking to this guy for about a month and I've known him for about a year. I haven't really hung out with him yet, but my question is how can you tell someone likes you, through an online relationship?

Online fling [ 1 Answers ]

So, I have been talking to this guy for about a month and I've known him for about a year. I haven't really hung out with him yet, but my question is how can you tell someone likes you, through an online relationship?

Fling has been flung? [ 4 Answers ]

I'll try to keep this brief, but it's been a year, so here goes... I met this guy just over a year ago at a brewfest. I was superdrunk and kissed him. He called me a mess of times afterwards and we ended up meeting up. The first -- only -- time ever, I had sex on the first date. (I'm 34.) I...

View more questions Search