Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilshorty304 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Automatic honda civic dx shifting problems
    I don't really know anything about cars but I have an automatic honda civic dx that takes a while to shift into the next gear. Im not too sure but I think that it might need a new transmission. It also won't shift into d2. I have gotten a few suggestions such as flushing out the transmission and replacing the gaskets. If anyone knows what it might be please reply as soon as possible. Thank you.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Add one bottle of Lucas trans repair. It really works.

Link Lucas Oil

It is available at Auto Zone, Meijer, and I think pep Boys and many other locations. The best 10.00 you will ever spend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic not shifting out of park & key stuck [ 8 Answers ]

The problem I have is with my 90 Honda Civic EX, auto tranny. On cold mornings I can shift the car out of park and drive around normally, but when I stop and shift back to park it doesn't seem to go into park correctly. I can feel the tranny shifting into park and the car doesn't roll or...

2004 Honda Civic LX Automatic transmission problems [ 6 Answers ]

MY 04 Honda civic has been making ticking/clicking sound. It doesn't make the sound when the car is idle. Or when the clutch is pressed on. Only when the clutch is released. As the car goes faster the sound gets faster. People are telling me it may be the throw out bearing but wouldn't it be...

91 Honda Accord automatic transmission Shifting [ 1 Answers ]

When I drive my honda it does not down shift to a low gear, it stays in second gear, but some times it will shift into first and shift fine. The fluid level it good. What type of shifting module does this car have?

1995 Honda Civic Lx Automatic has no electricity [ 1 Answers ]

I had this problem in the past few weeks. I was driving and all of a sudden all the lights on the dash went dim. I was told to clean the battery sensors I did and it worked. I happen again a few days later, THis time I changed the connectors. It was rolling fine for a week. IT even...

View more questions Search