Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cense2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 04:32 PM
    I do everything right! Nothing works!
    Hi
    I am very active. I do interval walking and climbing 30-45 min at 7 am. Then off to the gym where I do another 45 minute interval training on eliptical or bike or tread. I do weights every day alternating between upper and lower body. I then take a 2 to 3 mile walk in the afternoon with my double stroller. Then a 20 minute or so stroll after dinner. I am on a 1400 to 1600 calorie a day diet. Lot's of lean protein, low-fat dairy, vegetables and some good fats such as olive oil, coconut oil or nuts. Also I stay low sodium. Drink plenty of water and hot tea with no sugar. I do not drink coffee or alcohol and my carbs are mainly from berries, the dairy and beans. I am 5 feet 4 inches and weigh 140. My resting metabolic rate is approximately 2500 calories a day. I was always relatively active but have stepped up to this about a month ago and have not lost an inch or a pound. I never cheat. What gives?
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Apr 23, 2007, 04:39 PM
    I have always heard that if you get "normal" exercise... eat balanced meals and your weight doesn't fluctuate more than 5 pounds... you have achieved your natural weight. Anything done to decrease or increase your weight... is "messing with nature".

Apr 23, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Hey Kstar4U,
    Was there a section on how to mess with nature?
    Thanks
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Apr 23, 2007, 04:51 PM
    No... there's no section on "how to mess with nature" but that doesn't stop us... we are pros at "messing with nature"... or at least recognizing it) 140# could be a beautiful thing. There are some people out there that would love to weigh that much! Stay healthy by staying active and eating a balanced diet... let the rest be what you would prefer...
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 01:58 AM
    Have you has your thyroid checked?

Apr 24, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    Have you has your thyroid checked?
    Yes, I have. No problems there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 10:49 AM
    While I think that sounds like a great weight and don't know why you want to lose more, but if you can't get past this point, talk with your doctor and see if they can help suggest ro help supervise a differnet type of diet program
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Also, with exercise like you are doing, you are most likely losing water, but gaining muscle. Remember muscle weighs more than fat, so you are most likely toning very well.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 06:16 PM
    To lose weight safely and keep it off requires long term changes in daily eating and exercise habits, the goal is 2-3 pound a week. A modest reduction of 500 calories per day will ahieve this goal, since a total reduction of 3500 caloires is required to lose a pound of fat. It could be also that you have reached a plateau As you lose weight in the beginning, when your body loses weight it needs less falories, as you lose weight, reduce food intake, strength train as your are, increasing metabolic rate, more muscle mass the easier it is to burn fat. Your body adjust to all new calorie intakes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Microsoft works [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost a file in Microsoft Works. I have searched but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. The page just went blank in the middle of typing. 40 pages have just disappeared. Can anyone help?

Microsoft works [ 2 Answers ]

Memory out message when trying to print existing document using Word Processor program in Works. Only recent change is a new HP D1341 printer. Previous printer died. Windows XP version 2002, 256MB Ram

Ms works database to ms works spreadsheet [ 2 Answers ]

Have tried copy/paste but I get a message stating "make sure the destination area is as large as the info you wish to paste" .Anyone help please?

Fan works but light doesn't. Fixed and now the light works but fan doesn't [ 9 Answers ]

While I was at college somehow my fan stopped working. There is absolutely no explination from anybody but my mom did get a replacement so I didn't care too much. The fan has a ground from the mount(copper), ground from the middle of the fan(copper), a hot for the light(blue), hot for the...

View more questions Search