Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baby_gurl_2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 05:48 PM
    I think I'm falling for my best friend?
    *sigh*

I don't even know what to do anymore!! My best friend fell for ME!! And when he told me it was kind of jokingly... and I'd laugh and just say "ha we will never happen." NOW... within the past week... I think I'M falling for him too... he still likes me because he tells me how he'd be perfect for me cause he would know exactly how NOT to treat me cause he's seen what my ex's have done to me. And we'd just be perfect for each other. I Don't want to feel this way for him... because I'm TERRIFIED of what will happen to our friendship! I'm too scared to risk of what I'll lose! And I need him! I love him so much! But as my friend. But I do like him so much!! As my friend and more! He's seen me through my worst times! And he's so sweet to me! BUT... I've dated his cousin... and I think his cousin was the guy to hurt me worse. And when it happened HE was there to help me through it all. He even took my side over his own cousin!! I just... I don't know WHY I'm feeling this way for him... and I so badly want to tell him... but like I said... I'm TERRIFIED of losing him if we didn't end up working out!! He's the ONLY person I trust with my life... other than family! But... I don't want that to stop!! I think about him so much more now and I miss him so much!! And I kind of wish he didn't tell me he liked me because I then I wouldn't feel this way for him... but I DO!! Because HE did!! Help me please!! I don't know what to do!! I love him to death!! And I don't know how to control my feelings for him!! Please email me back at [email protected] Thank you so much!

Xoxoxoxo
    Ur Friend*
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 22, 2007, 06:05 PM
    I kept it on the boards -- your between a rock and a hard place arn`t you? The choice is risk losing what might be the love of your life or a friend.
    He was brave enough to take the chance, maybe you need to be as brave. -- Savage
    Marissa890 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 06:15 PM
    I know exactly what your going through. I couldn't live with out my best friend. He's been there for me through anything and everything. And last summer he took the chance and asked me out because he started to get feelings. But I said no, only because I was afraid of losing him, how could I live w/o him? It would be impossible for me. I know in the back of my mind that something might happen in the future, but for right now, we're remaining friends for the fact alone that a relationship would ruin our friendship because one of us would end up getting hurt. It's a terrible place to be, and I know it hurts, but just keep being friends, even if both of you have feelings, it will make things much easier on both of u, and if in the future you both still have those feelings, maybe its worth a shot, who knows, he might be perfect for u. but I wouldn't take the risk of losing such an amazing friendship. I just don't think it would be worth it.

Hope it helps :)

Marissa
    Miller11 Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Its hard for me to give advice on something like that because I've never experienced something like that. But all I can say is to do what your heart tells you to do and maybe try sitting down with that person and talking about it. Well that's if you feel comfortable doing so. Good luck!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Falling in Love with My Best Friend [ 7 Answers ]

Hiya. I have a dilemma... I have a fantastic relationship with my girlfriend although we have been going a bit downhill recently... I can't help fantasizing about one of my best friends though, she is one of the kindest, most precious people in my life alongside my girlfriend and I think I may be...

Falling for your best friend [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, What should you do when you think you are falling for your best friend? I have known this friend 2 years ago when we first started uni. We click very well, and used to chat on the phone for hours long. Rumours started going on about us. BUT there was nothing going on between both of us. Just...

Everything is falling apart... [ 32 Answers ]

Okay... so I don't know exactly where this question belongs so I am putting it here. Please bear in mind that I need any and all points of view here. My husband told me today about an idea he had about earning money. He said that if he goes to work for a company in another province, he could...

Could he be falling? [ 28 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about two months. We met online Jan 2nd. We started talking for a few days first online and then on the phone which were 2 hour conversations. We then decided to meet and have been dating every since…. Exclusively. In fact, he was seeing another girl when we met,...

I'm falling apart.. . [ 9 Answers ]

I don't know if anyone has read my first post I listed, but over the weekend, I had a nervous breakdown and went to the hospital. Luckily, I didn't have to stay because I'm not suicidal, but they did prescribe some anti-depressants and some sleeping pills. I just feel truly heartbroken and on...

View more questions Search