Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackal575 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Going to different universities
    My girlfriend and I have been going out for over 6 months now and are in our last year of high school. We are going to different universities in UK and she is taking a gap year.

Up until recently, we had been in agreement in that we would not do long distance but last night, topic of conversation turned to what would happen after we graduated from high school. We had spoken about it before, always with the same conclusion; that we would break up after the term finishes. But last night she asked if I wanted to stay with her.

I had never really thought about it before, since I assumed she would find new guys in her gap year as I would find new girls at university.

She asked me if I wanted to stay with her through university and do long distance. I said I wasn't sure and that I hadn't thought about it before. She said that she would stay faithful through her gap year (she has cheated on all of her past boyfriends) and that once she gets to university, we can see each other every other weekend or so (our universities are about a 1 hr train ride apart).

I was left completely confused as to what to do. She is my first girlfriend but she has had many guys before me and I want to see what its like with other girls. Don't get me wrong, I love her from the bottom of my heart, I'm just curious.

I told her that I really love her and that I don't want to break up with her after we graduate and that I didn't think of long distance as practical. (we have quite a physical relationship and get along well when we are in each other's company but if we haven't seen each other for a few days, things get a little weird) she then got angry at me because I am unsure, she expected me to say for sure that I would stay with her, "i really don't get you, if you really love me that much then there should be no doubt in your mind that you would stay with me"

Well I hope I have explained the situation well enough, I'm just looking for some outside input :)

Am I right in not wanting to do long distance?

Thanks in advance!
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Hey, It's a really difficult time in your life! Growing up, going to university and leaving the sixth form/college environment, it's a completely different world all together, trust me been there - got the t-shirt. Most relationships don't last when partners go to separate Uni's. So much temptation about, all those hormones flying all over + booze.

You need to do what you feel is right. You admit you are curious and your partner probably is to.

1) You can stay together it will be hard but you may miss out somewhat - on experimtning and seeing what you really want. Ive seen relationships work out with a distance of 200 miles with two people at separate unis- it depends how much you love this person.

2) You can separate, give each other space, does not mean you won't be friends or perhaps get back togetehr after uni. I think then your relationship has run its natural course.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Universities in usa [ 3 Answers ]

Can u please give me a list of usa universities which offers biotechnology courses.to be precise ,what I want is about genetics

USA Universities [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter completes her high school education in November 2007 andis interested in attending an USA university to study Bio Tech. Please could could advise what Universities in the US offer under-graduate degree courses in Bio Tech framps

Universities in USA [ 4 Answers ]

Hi:) , I want to know what is the procedure of admission in American universities for foreign students??

Universities in Australia [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am from Canada and I am interested in going to school in Australia. I was wondering if anyone new how I would go about doing that?

View more questions Search