Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2023, 03:32 AM
    Trump's evolving abortion positions
    1999 he was "very pro-choice"

Trump in 1999: ‘I am Very Pro-Choice’ (nbcnews.com)

2011 when he first considered running as a Repub for President he declared he was pro-life

2016 he said women who get abortions should be punished. The next day he backtracked and said it was doctors who should be held responsible.

To his credit he appointed judges that eventually overturned the Roe decision.

Last year he blamed the abortion issue as the cause of the Repubs not having a midterm red wave (ignoring his own role in endorsing loser candidates )

When Ron DeSantis signed a 6 week abortion ban for the State of Florida he called it
    “a terrible thing and a terrible mistake.”
    Trump calls DeSantis abortion ban 'a terrible mistake,' sparking anger from some key Republicans | AP News

Asked if he supports 15 week anti-abortion Federal legislation he said he doesn't care .Full transcript: Read Kristen Welker's interview with Trump (nbcnews.com)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2023, 04:39 AM
    I didn't at all get the impression that he doesn't care. He seemed to be leaning towards 15 weeks. Not that's a bad idea, but it's not in the "I don't care" camp.

FMR. PRES. DONALD TRUMP:
    I would sit down with both sides and I’d negotiate something, and we’ll end up with peace on that issue for the first time in 52 years. I’m not going to say I would or I wouldn’t. I mean, DeSanctus is willing to sign a five-week and six-week ban.
    KRISTEN WELKER:
    Would you support that? You think that goes too far?
    FMR. PRES. DONALD TRUMP:
    I think what he did is a terrible thing and a terrible mistake. But we’ll come up with a number, but at the same time, Democrats won’t be able to go out at six months, seven months, eight months and allow an abortion. And Kristen, you have to look at this, because you said “no.” You have some states that are allowed to kill the child after birth, and you can’t allow that.
    Using terms like "DeSanctus" puts him solidly in the middle school group.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2023, 05:31 AM
    Welker asked whether such an agreement would take place at the federal level.

He said
    "It could be state, or it could be federal," "I don’t, frankly, care."
    Would he support a full ban or a partial ban like DeSantis signed. He appears to be looking at 15 weeks. That's 3 weeks into the second trimester. And there is no doubt that aborting it it murdering a baby
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2023, 06:16 AM
    You are completely correct. It's just a compromise with the devil in order to win votes. It would be far better for conservatives to take a principled stand and explain that stand to the American people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

I had an abortion a month from today and I had sex a week after the abortion could I [ 3 Answers ]

I had an abortiona month ago and had sex a week after the abortion and still have not had a period yet. But I have been having abdominal cramps and milky discharge and I am just wondering if I may be pregnant again.

The world is continually evolving to be a better place to live, as is government. [ 26 Answers ]

I think so, what do you believe? I'll throw in another, not as certain, conclusion: One other fact, America is leading in this evolution and the George Bush doctrine of 'Revolutionary Democracy' is an example.

View more questions Search