Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scmoham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Windows 2000 password
    I have a laptop running Windows 2000. It comes up with an administrator password prompt when it wakes up from "standby mode". I don't remember the administrator password (the laptop was given to me) - the former owner said he doesn't remember either. I set up another user in the user profiles section and put a blank password. Now the computer boots up and comes up with the new user name that I created, but when I log in with the blank password, it won't let me in. I tried to get in through safe mode, but it still prompts me for the password. What can I do next to get into Windows and reset all the passwords?

Thanks.
    scmoham
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Apr 22, 2007, 07:29 AM
    The previous owner doesn't remember his own password? That sounds a bit suspicious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Password [ 1 Answers ]

How can I override a forgotten password for windows XP

Windows password [ 6 Answers ]

How to override windows password

Windows xp password [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Have windows xp profetional and I set it to ask for log on password but I can not remember it now.how can I fix the problem. Not account password but log on windows password

Windows password [ 2 Answers ]

I'm running windows98. How do I find the password control panel.. I'll need to open this to get rid of the password prompt.. Its too annoying..

How I can recover the windows 2000/xp password? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir, please help me to retir\eve my windows 2000/xp password. I have forgotton these password. Thanks for help. I don't want to install new windows.

View more questions Search