Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    texaspeg49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2004, 11:40 AM
    video controller driver problems
    I reformatted my compaq presario 5000 with 98 SE and I have everything working but the display is awful. I have no choice but 16 color and small resolution. How can I find out what video controller I have? That shows up in device manager under other devices? The specs on my PC says I have Integrated Savage4 AGP4X 3D but I've downloaded several drivers for this and nothing works. Please help
    PCgamer Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2004, 10:40 AM
    video controller driver problems
    I'm not sure why it would work once the drivers installed. Make sure in the video properties, that the savage is the device selected as your primary display.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia audio/video controller [ 1 Answers ]

On my device manager, under "Other devices", It says that the drivers for the Multimedia audio controller and video controller (VGA compatible) are not found. At the same time, there is no sound on my computer even with the speakers on. I'm assuming it's because of the misssing audio controller...

Need ethernet controller driver [ 2 Answers ]

Somehow this driver disappeared. It is not loading off the driver install disk. HELP!

Mutimedia video controller drivers [ 2 Answers ]

Hi hope someone can assist as I feel like bashing my head against a wall several times. I am trying to view TV on media centre 2004 version but it states files required for playing video are missing or corrupt. I checked on device manager and noticed I have no driver for the multimedia video...

Installing video driver [ 3 Answers ]

I have just downloaded the catalyst 5.8 driver for my radeon 9600 series video card I also downloaded the uninstaller, however I later noticed that the control panel was separate so it looks like I have to download that also. Is the following the correct procedure Remove all ATI products...

Having monitor or video driver problems [ 1 Answers ]

I recently accquired a used computer from my dad. It is a Dell computer, and I am using my old Gateway VX700 monitor. My problem is that once I formatted the hard drive and started reinstalling the drivers my display has not been good at all. It's really hard to explain what it looks like, but...

View more questions Search