Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    SIMBRIAL's Avatar
    SIMBRIAL Posts: 33, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member

    Jan 14, 2022, 07:30 AM
    Payment taxes /G1 visa

    i am a holder of a G1 visa and after paying my taxes in my own country.

    My Government is considering to modify my contract and pay me by a third party (an employer professional organization), and still be employed by my government.

    I would like to know if this proposal is doable taken into consideration I hold a G1 visa.

    The US agency will pay me so I believe I will be taxed here, but on the other hand I am tax exempt because of my visa and I work for an International organization.

    I am aware that any US income has to be filed with IRS, but I don't believe my contract can me modified in the terms to be paid by a US agency.

    Please help!

    Thank you
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,834, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Jan 14, 2022, 09:33 AM

    HOW the pay is processed does not change your G-1 visa status nor your tax-exempt status.

    You just need to be sure that the contractor is ware of this so they do not withholding taxes from your pay.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payment of visa/passports [ 1 Answers ]

Can I pay for the visa /passports in advance here in the states for a person coming from accra ghana to to the us so I don't get scammed

How do I file for taxes? (F1 Visa, OPT, Company does not withhold taxes) [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file for taxes? My situation is: F1 Visa, OPT work authorization, Company does NOT withhold taxes. I began work in September 6 2011 (two month probation) and became full time on November 15 2011. I received bi-weekly checks since September 6. Please help. Thank you.

I'm on F1 visa, my company does not cut any taxes, what process do I follow for taxes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a F1 student from India, on OPT. I graduated in may, and have been working with a small company. They do not cut any taxes and give me the whole check. So can someone please help me with the whole process that I need to follow? I had filed my taxes last year, but that was done by the...

How to file taxes for H1B visa holder and wife on visiting visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I got married on 20th Nov 2010. My wife was in USA for 8 days. Then she went back to UK where she has a job and is paying taxes there. We will be living apart till 2012. Now, 2 questions: 1) Assuming I will be filing taxes married but not jointly, so how should I get my salary in...

US tax payment for L1-B visa holders [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am having L1 visa, working in MA state. I came to US on Oct07, I heard if the total number of days is lessthan 183, no need to pay tax to US Govt. what is period of calculation for 183 days? Is it from April to March or how it is?

View more questions Search