Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2024, 05:30 AM
    Seems like that is a concept that was mentioned here on a number of occasions.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2024, 05:56 AM
    Researchers have discovered what was obvious ;natural immunity is the best defense.

Researchers use challenge trials to understand infections and quickly test vaccines and therapies. In March 2021, after months of ethical debate, UK researchers launched the world’s first COVID-19 challenge trial. The study identified a minuscule dose of the SARS-CoV-2 strain that circulated in the early days of the pandemic that could infect about half of the participants, who had not previously been infected with the virus (at that time, vaccines weren’t yet widely available).
    In parallel, a team led by Helen McShane, an infectious-disease researcher at Oxford, launched a second SARS-CoV-2 challenge study in people … who had recovered from naturally caught SARS-CoV-2 infections, caused by a range of variants. The trial later enrolled participants who had also been vaccinated.
    When nobody developed a sustained infection, the researchers increased the dose by more and more in subsequent groups of participants, until they reached a level 10,000 times the initial dose. A few volunteers developed short-lived infections, but these quickly vanished.
    Scientists tried to give people COVID — and failed (nature.com)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

herr Donald Herbert Hoover Smoot Hawley Trump [ 88 Answers ]

In March 2002, President George W. Bush imposed a 30% tariff on Chinese steel. The results were chaotic. The tariffs boosted the overall prices of steel and cost the U.S. 200,000 jobs in businesses that buy steel, representing $4 billion in lost wages. ...

herr Donald is having a bad week [ 105 Answers ]

sorry can't defend...... 1. signing a budget that increases spending more than the emperor ever dreamed of proposing . 2.the whole idea of assembling our military might and parading it down Pennsylvania Ave. 3. Not releasing the Schiff memo after releasing the Nunes memo .What could possibly be...

Non-compliant executor of a will. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have no idea where to begin or if I am in the right place so I apologize in advance if I am not. In Feb 2003 my Grandmother, my mother's mother, passed away. In her will it stated I would receive a ring set when I turned 25. This set is what my father, who is also now deceased, gave to my...

Handicap compliant [ 10 Answers ]

I have found a business that is not handicapped friendly. It is difficult to enter and leave the building, there is a large step in the floor that I cannot negotiate, no handicapped parking and the restroom is too small for me and my wheel chair.:( It is a very small family business and I am...

Being compliant with hippa [ 2 Answers ]

Is it illegal to place a hidden flag on a client's chart to protect the associates that are working with infectious and contagious diseased patients?

View more questions Search