Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    harkplumb's Avatar
    harkplumb Posts: 26, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 27, 2021, 04:40 PM
    Federal Form 709 for Gift Tax
    I need help with filling out Fed Form 709 to report cash gifts that I gave to a brother and sister in 2020.
    I went on line to look at the form and read the instructions but my gosh, what I found was a form the length of a novel and instructions that would require a Philadelphia lawyer to understand.
    Is there anyone out there that makes the idiots guide to filling out what should be a very simple two line form?
    As suggested, I contacted a CPA Tax firm here in town and they told me it would cost $450.00 to fill out this form for me.
    Any ideas where I can go to learn how to do this myself? Is there a book out there titled Federal Form 709 for Idiots?
    AtlantaTaxExpert's Avatar
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,834, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

    Feb 27, 2021, 06:15 PM
    To my knowledge, there is NO "IRS Form 709 for Idiots"

    However, I will prepare the Form 709 for $200, which is less than HALF as much as the CPA firm wants to charge.

    If interested, email me at [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Federal tax form do I use 1040 or 1040A? What's the difference between the two [ 1 Answers ]

I have emplyoment income (less than 25k), savings account interest, dividends from stock and a disbursement from closing an inherited IRA-BDA to report. I was born in the US, never lived anywhere else. I know I have to file a schedules B, D, K ( one stock was a partnership) and form 8949 ...

Gift Tax Form for Money sent to parents [ 3 Answers ]

I sent my parents about $60,000 in India. All the money was transferred to my father's account (not joint account). Part of the money ($12000) was used to purchase some property. I am wondering how much should I declare as a gift. Should I declare the entire $60000 as a gift or the 48000 (60k-12k)....

Which US federal tax form to fill? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an international student( from india) currently on my OPT. I am staying in US from August 2007 and left the country twice. Once in 2008 for 30 days and then in 2009 for 45 days. This is my first employment in US and for my previous years I had filed form 8843. So for year 2010 which tax...

What form for 2nd year H1b federal taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been in the US since 2004 on an F1 visa and switched to the H1B visa in Oct-2008. So I have been physically present in the US for more than 31 days of this year and 183 in the 3-year period and based on this I pass the SPT. Does that mean that I will now be a resident for...

Which form do I have to use for federal taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I worked as a J1 scholar from October 2008 to March 2009. In 2008 I sent a 1040NR-EZ form and a 8843 and I got a refund thanks to the US-Italy treaty. I want to do the same thing this year. Since I am not living in the US anymore should I file the 8843 form? If the answer is yes what should I put...

View more questions Search