Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 658, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #161

    Feb 9, 2021, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I ask for evidence. You reply that I should watch TV. Try that in any court of law and see how long they laugh at you. A simple admission that Trump never called for insurrection or riots would be suitable here. Hatred is not evidence. The man has a big mouth, but that is not a cause for impeachment.
    This is not a court of law. It's an internet Q&A site. You want answers, I've shown you where to get them. If you refuse to watch the impeachment hearing for your answers, then don't come back here b**ching and whining because no one here will give you a quote you want. You've now been given more than you ever asked for. All it takes is spending time watching history being made.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,639, Reputation: 155
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #162

    Feb 9, 2021, 08:50 PM
    You want answers, I've shown you where to get them.
    I asked you for a quote that could be used for evidence. You don't have one, and it makes you angry. All you seem to have is the same irrational hatred of DT that Pelosi has. If Trump called for insurrection, then post the quote where he did. Otherwise, just admit you don't have it.
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 658, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #163

    Feb 9, 2021, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I asked you for a quote that could be used for evidence. You don't have one, and it makes you angry. All you seem to have is the same irrational hatred of DT that Pelosi has. If Trump called for insurrection, then post the quote where he did. Otherwise, just admit you don't have it.
    Geez, you're impossible. To repeat ___

    So it's not a matter of a quote here and there. It's an entire pattern of behavior lasting for months since the election. Are you up to examining that pattern?
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #164

    Feb 10, 2021, 03:56 AM
    Yes it was absurd misinterpretation (and that is being generous ) . I saw some great cherry picking during the Dem's prosecution spliced and manufactured video.(very professionally done video ..... too good for a bunch of Congressional geeks to make . The footage was much higher quality than what we have seen even from the compliant press....Goebbels would've been proud ) .Never once did they show the relevant quote where Trump told his supporters to peacefully march to the Capitol to support the Republicans who were doing constitutional challenges of the electors . Somehow that did not make it into the video presentation .

    BTW . The lawyers Trump hired to defend him suck . He should've asked Dershowitz to defend him again. As an example ;the assault on the Capitol began almost a half hour before Trump ever mentioned going to the Capitol building . I would think his lawyers would know that .

    When Schmucky stood in front of the Supreme Court when it was in session and yelled to the mob gathered outside the court "“Hey, Gorsuch. Hey, Kavanaugh. You have unleashed a whirlwind and you are going to pay the price” was that incitement to insurrection ? When James Comey said “The Republican Party needs to be burned down. It is just not a healthy political organization” was that not incitement to insurrection ?

    As 'j' has already commented . Lawmakers frequently make inflammatory comments . Many were made supporting riots in the last year and urging more of the same . Many were made when the Federal Court House in Portland was under siege . Is the Supreme Court building and Federal Court Houses not as "sacred " as the Capitol building ?

    Reckless rhetoric is a problem with out leaders . Why is only Trump singled out for punishment ? Democrats who condemn Trump for using strong language and equate it with incitement, despite having their own record of inflammatory rhetoric are throwing stones in glass houses.

    All the evidence being gathered by prosecutors suggest that the riot was pre-planned .

    Capitol Attack Was Planned Openly Online For Weeks—Police Still Weren’t Ready (forbes.com)

    If so then that belies the charge that inflammatory rhetoric at the rally caused the riot . Still accusations of incitement are becoming the establishment’s tool of choice to justify new censorship.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,639, Reputation: 155
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #165

    Feb 10, 2021, 04:58 AM
    It's not a matter of a quote here and there because you don't have a quote here and there. You don't have anything other than a meaningless plea to listen to television and examine a pattern of behavior. But if it's a pattern of behavior, then it's a pattern of speech, and speech can be quoted. So you end up back where we started.

    Your reasoning basically just comes down to saying that DT is guilty because you say he is. Evidence is not needed. All that is needed is just some vacuous allegation that there is a mysterious pattern of behavior out there that amounts to a crime. I hope our system of justice is not heading in that direction.

    Since you like watching TV so much, here is something for your consideration.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3CRu4ilvPA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kndq8izA5hc

    Why is John Roberts not sitting there to preside over the impeachment trial? That's a Constitutional requirement. Why is it not being followed?
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 658, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #166

    Feb 10, 2021, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Why is only Trump singled out for punishment ?
    Because as president of the United States he incited his armed supporters to march on the Capitol while Congress was in session and demand they overturn the presidential election on November 3 so Trump could remain in power. They failed but not before they caused the deaths of 5 people and hundreds injured defending Congress. Is that enough for you?

    For you and your hopeless echo who require quotes, you're like the guy who wakes up in the morning, sees snow on the ground, and demands someone first say there's snow on the ground before he believes the evidence of his eyes.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,639, Reputation: 155
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #167

    Feb 10, 2021, 02:43 PM
    Because as president of the United States he incited his armed supporters to march on the Capitol while Congress was in session and demand they overturn the presidential election on November 3 so Trump could remain in power.
    Except, of course, that he didn't. Kind of important to remember.

    before he believes the evidence of his eyes.
    There's that little word again. "Evidence". It's what you don't have. Come up with some, and then come back and talk about it. You saying it happened is not evidence.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,639, Reputation: 155
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #168

    Feb 10, 2021, 02:50 PM
    Found this on another site concerning the Chief Justice's absence.

    "Another part of the Constitution says the Chief Justice SHALL preside at any impeachment trial of a President. That Roberts has declined to do so is because Trump no longer is President and cannot be removed from an office he doesn’t hold. This, to me, necessarily implies that Roberts believes the Impeachment remedies are no longer available after a term of office expires."
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member
     
    #169

    Feb 10, 2021, 04:46 PM
    makes sense, this is political theatre
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,639, Reputation: 155
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #170

    Feb 10, 2021, 04:52 PM
    this is political theatre
    Just about right.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,258, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #171

    Feb 10, 2021, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    makes sense, this is political theatre
    Like January 6th (and 2016-2020).
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,639, Reputation: 155
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #172

    Feb 10, 2021, 05:13 PM
    and 2016-2020
    If you are referring to the many riots "sponsored" by BLM, Antifa, and others, then I agree with you. Riots, I might add, which were greeted by approving silence by the leaders of the dem party. That would include the Antifa occupation zone in Portland which has gone on for months and, so far as I can find out, is STILL ongoing.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,318, Reputation: 10854
    Expert
     
    #173

    Feb 10, 2021, 07:14 PM
    Hello fringers and trolls. Plenty of evidence presented today, if you bothered to watch.
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member
     
    #174

    Feb 10, 2021, 07:55 PM
    evidence, evidence of what, some misguided fools
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,639, Reputation: 155
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #175

    Feb 10, 2021, 09:32 PM
    Always claims of evidence except they seem unable to post any. Proving that things happened on 1/6 is a long ways from demonstrating that Trump was responsible for it.
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 658, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #176

    Feb 11, 2021, 12:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Always claims of evidence except they seem unable to post any. Proving that things happened on 1/6 is a long ways from demonstrating that Trump was responsible for it.
    There's been more than enough proof the last two days during the trial. The evidence covers the months before and after January 6. Two days worth of testimony and actual videos of the months involved cannot be posted on this format because it is many hours in length. It cannot be wrapped neatly in a quote to suit you. You know that but you keep at it anyway.

    If you're serious about seeing the proof, then watch the trial. It will go on until Saturday. If you're not willing to educate yourself on the facts, then please stop bothering us.

    Friday and Saturday will be Trump's defense. Don't miss that part to see two half-assed lawyer incompetents. Trump couldn't get a decent defense team because no law firm wants to deal with a deadbeat.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,318, Reputation: 10854
    Expert
     
    #177

    Feb 11, 2021, 12:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    evidence, evidence of what, some misguided fools
    Evidence that the dufus knew there was a great potential for violence and mayhem, and stoked it for all it was worth to disrupt the work of the congress, as his date for the rally was the same day. He also knew the permit for the rally was specific for a certain area, not the capitol building yet he sent the hoard there any way.

    Through the mayhem did he lift a finger to help the cops and ensure the safety of elected officials family and staff? No he did not. WHY? In addition audio of the cops calling for help for rioting went unheeded. WHY?

    His role in this was huge without a doubt, from the set up around the big lie of fraud to the staging and outcome.
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 18,488, Reputation: 1859
    BossMan
     
    #178

    Feb 11, 2021, 01:08 AM
    Gotta love and admire the cult of personality

    An interesting take on what happened..
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-55959134
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #179

    Feb 11, 2021, 04:09 AM
    Good video overall . Whether there was fraud in the election results is not a
    lie as the narrator suggests .It is conjecture and opinion . Neither side has proven their case definitively and even if they do ;a lie is intentional . Both sides of the issue believe they are right .

    Trump said in his speech that the march toward the Capitol should be done peacefully. That fact has been ignored in 2 days of impeachment by the House prosecutors . I wonder why ?

    They have also been hinting that the President is our Commander in Chief as if he has authority to command anything more than the armed services of the US . The leaders of the riot have been arrested and charged . Trump did not command them to attack the Capitol . Trump's use of the word 'fight ' is common political rhetoric and I'm sure with not too much effort I could find many examples of political leaders using it . When they use it are they also leaders of a cult ?

    The video concludes that the attack on the Capitol is the "beginning " of a new era of violence as a political tool in the US . That completely ignores the fact that for the past year BLM/Antifa have been using violence effectively as a political tool to influence their political causes . They have been given rhetorical legitimacy by MANY in the ranks of the Democrats .They have essentially been the militia wing of the Democratic Party .

    I would also point out that June 14 ,2017 ,a Bernie Sanders supporter attacked a group of Republican members of Congress who were practicing for a baseball game . He shot Rep Steve Scalise and others . Overall 5 people were injured before the shooter was shot and killed .

    Rep Gabby Gifford was shot in the head and critically wounded by a deranged and mentally disturbed political independent in 2011.

    In the 1960s and 1970s violence was used repeatedly by the left in opposition to the Vietnam war . Violence was used as a tool in the civil rights struggles in this country by both sides of the issue.

    The raw truth is that violence has historically been a political tool used in this country for both good and bad causes . John Brown was a violent leaders in the pre civil war days as a strident abolitionist . All he did was take part in 'Bloody Kansas ' when the issue was if Kansas would enter the union as a free or slave state. He went on to attack a Federal armory in an attempt to foment a slave revolt.
    So the idea that political violence began in the Trump era is absurd .
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,639, Reputation: 155
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #180

    Feb 11, 2021, 05:23 AM
    It cannot be wrapped neatly in a quote to suit you. You know that but you keep at it anyway.
    Then provide several quotes.

    If you're serious about seeing the proof, then watch the trial. It will go on until Saturday. If you're not willing to educate yourself on the facts, then please stop bothering us.
    It's what people say when they have no evidence. "Don't bother me by asking for evidence."

    Don't miss that part to see two half-assed lawyer incompetents.
    At least you're not biased.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search


Check out some similar questions!

How do I list purchases from Amazon by Amazon or by the sub vendor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a number of purchases from Amazon that are from separate vendors using Amazon sales portal, they are mostly one offs... do I list them as separate vendors or just under the main main Amazon account in my ledger?

How do I regain parents trust after a serious trust break down? [ 1 Answers ]

Basically my ex fiancŽ did dope and I had a little of it now and again, but then when we broke up I found more of my mates do it too. As I enjoyed a little smoke now and again I bought my own stuff e.g a grinder and some weed. For 3 weeks I was buying my own and hiding it at home. Ä°t was never a...

It hurt to break someone's trust? [ 3 Answers ]

I hurt my boyfriend by breaking the promises I made with him.I chat with male friend when he was chating with me .he have given me a second chance but I again did it now he is hurt very much and not receiving my calls so will he forgive me...

Can you regain trust after a break up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, here goes. A little background info. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months but we didn't become offical/exclusive tillNovember. He dumped me a few days ago because I told him once again I was uneasy about his friendship with my cousin. I get jelous quite often and moody. He...


View more questions Search