Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I thought cleaning up registration lists was code for voter repression .
    You missed (ignored) this part of my comment.

In the same time period, approximately 250 million voters did not show up to vote. Are they "missing", too? Or did they just decide not to vote? Of the 28.3 mail-ins, ........ How many represent voters who decided not to vote?

Probably about 50%, like always.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 08:21 AM
    .No one is required to vote . But if they choose not to they are accounted for. Sending out unsolicited ballots makes them the responsibility of the state to account for . Note I did not get into obvious problems like how easy it is to harvest unaccounted for ballots and make sure they end up at the precincts with a vote for your favorite candidate .
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 01:29 PM
    .No one is required to vote . But if they choose not to they are accounted for. Sending out unsolicited ballots makes them the responsibility of the state to account for
    I'm sure you mean something by this but I have no idea what.

Note I did not get into obvious problems like how easy it is to harvest unaccounted for ballots and make sure they end up at the precincts with a vote for your favorite candidate .
    Ballot harvesting is extremely rare as are all the other scenarios for mail fraud proposed by Trump.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 06:48 PM
    Danger ! New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says she is delaying the country's parliamentary election by four weeks to October 17 !!!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 08:05 PM
    Danger ! New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says she is delaying the country's parliamentary election by four weeks to October 17 !!!
    Not a problem as it might be in the US. Elections are not held on a fixed date and there is some latitude for the government of the day, four weeks in the middle of a CV event is no more than a statistical error. Please remember we in the southern climes are not given to dicatorial regimes often
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 17, 2020, 02:50 AM
    .No one is required to vote . But if they choose not to they are accounted for. Sending out unsolicited ballots makes them the responsibility of the state to account for . Note I did not get into obvious problems like how easy it is to harvest unaccounted for ballots and make sure they end up at the precincts with a vote for your favorite candidate .
    Conservatives are always looking for a boogeyman to justify their worst fears so now we have ballot harvesting to stop progress. I'll be glad when you guys actually prove some of these sky is falling theories instead of the steady gloom and doom stirred up by the dufus and his sycophants. Better yet how to fix stuff. LOL Tom most states have already expanded absentee and mail in voting because of the virus, and they aren't all democratic controlled states either.

I suspect the same voices hollering voter fraud are the same ones looking to carry out voter suppression.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 06:52 AM
    It is all a distraction from the real agenda
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 01:49 PM
    I suspect the same voices hollering voter fraud are the same ones looking to carry out voter suppression.
    The suppression will be the apx 20% of the voters who's ballots are disqualified for various reasons .(that seems to be the standard ,for the mail in ballots that are actually accounted for . Carolyn Maloney's opponent ,Suraj Patel was robbed .After a 3 week +delay in announcing the result ;Manhattan Judge Analisa Torres ordered all ballots with missing postmarks that were received two days after the June 23 primary be counted. So it is still undecided .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2020, 01:55 PM
    The suppression will be the apx 20% of the voters who's ballots are disqualified for various reasons .(that seems to be the standard ,for the mail in ballots that are actually accounted for . Carolyn Maloney's opponent ,Suraj Patel was robbed .After a 3 week +delay in announcing the result ;Manhattan Judge Analisa Torres ordered all ballots with missing postmarks that were received two days after the June 23 primary be counted. So it is still undecided .
    What about all those in-person voting locations that have been removed so that poc will have to stand in line for eight or more hours?
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 03:40 PM
    talk to the states and the local wards . They run elections .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2020, 04:26 PM
    talk to the states and the local wards . They run elections .
    Republican gerrymandering says it all.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 06:16 PM
    Therein lies the problem
    Expert

Aug 17, 2020, 08:57 PM
    Dems gerrymander too, adds to the problem.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 09:28 PM
    so you admit demonrats interfere with the electoral process
    Expert

Aug 18, 2020, 04:01 AM
    I admit both sides engage in political shenanigans to gain and keep power and influence. I think we find that in every government on Earth. Some more than others.
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2020, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I admit both sides engage in political shenanigans to gain and keep power and influence. I think we find that in every government on Earth. Some more than others.
    Yes but you guys have reduced it to an art form
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2020, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes but you guys have reduced it to an art form
    I agree and I think it's a disgrace.

Over the last 25 years the Republicans have "reduced" it to the Nth degree. All anyone has to do is look at the Trump years to fear for American democracy.

This very day he went so far to say the if he loses the election, it will have been de facto rigged. If he wins, it will be legitimate. That is an unbelievable statement from a sitting US president.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2020, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    This very day he went so far to say the if he loses the election, it will have been de facto rigged. If he wins, it will be legitimate. That is an unbelievable statement from a sitting US president.
    He also said the US people owe him four more years (AFTER he finishes the next four years that he plans to win in November 2020) because of all the controversy around his 2016 win.
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2020, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    He also said the US people owe him four more years (AFTER he finishes the next four years that he plans to win in November 2020) because of all the controversy around his 2016 win.
    That's even MORE unbelievable!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2020, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    That's even MORE unbelievable!
    President Donald Trump apparently isn’t happy with his first four years in office, according to his remarks on Monday demanding a kind of presidential do-over.
    “We are going to win four more years,” Trump announced to a Wisconsin crowd not social distancing. “And then after that we’ll go for another four years, because they spied on my campaign. We should get a redo of four years.”
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/tru...to-do-his-job/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Top Secret NSA Document Proving Russians Aided Trump Election Campaign [ 12 Answers ]

The Rachel Maddow Show reported last night Thursday that she received an anonymous document in the mail that was marked Top Secret from the NSA. Within the document was the name of an American citizen (well-known) who was a member of the Trump transition team and who worked with Russian ...

Nj s election [ 1 Answers ]

Is there relief for filing s election late. The IRS provides relief if the s election is late?

View more questions Search