Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 04:54 AM
    Here's one of the leaders of your "peaceful protestors" giving his view about burning the place down. Black Lives Matter leader states if US, "doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/black-...rn-down-system
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 06:00 AM
    viva la revolution
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Here's one of the leaders of your "peaceful protestors" giving his view about burning the place down. Black Lives Matter leader states if US, "doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/black-...rn-down-system
    You've tried those sound bites without full context before. Have you by chance seen the FULL interview?

Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 12:18 PM
    You've tried those sound bites without full context before. Have you by chance seen the FULL interview?
    By chance I sure have.

As to your cartoon, at some point you have to get to specific examples of all of this "unfairness".
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 12:26 PM
    Not "the place." The quote says "this SYSTEM" -- which is long overdue being burned down and replaced.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 12:43 PM
    Can't burn down a system, but you can pretend his remark was harmless if you want to. As to your attitude towards our system, it's like I said before. You need to give live in most of the rest of the world for six months. You'll kiss the ground when you get back.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 01:21 PM
    Can't burn down a system, but you can pretend his remark was harmless if you want to. As to your attitude towards our system, it's like I said before. You need to give live in most of the rest of the world for six months. You'll kiss the ground when you get back.
    How arrogant of you! You have no idea of the places where I've lived and visited.

The system we're in needs tearing apart and the shreds thrown onto a trash pile and burned!
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 01:24 PM
    The system we're in needs tearing apart and the shreds thrown onto a trash pile and burned!
    Like I said. Go somewhere else for a while.

Now to a point I would agree with you that some of it needs to be changed, but I have a a funny feeling we would not agree on what needs changing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 01:27 PM
    Like I said. Go somewhere else for a while.
    Where do you suggest I go? to Mississippi???
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 01:36 PM
    There is no need to go somewhere else when you know your own house needs fixing because people have been telling you the walls are peeling and the windows broken. You haven't listened so you think since its better than any other house on the block why fix it? That's the flaw in your logic my friend, so don't let the language used out of the frustration of being ignored for so long make an excuse not to fix your own raggedy house up.

Get busy and fix your own house and be grateful that you can make it a better house and not just wallow in the depths of mediocrity because every other house is even raggedier. That would be a show of national pride fixing up our own house just because it sure could stand it.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 01:53 PM
    I'd still like to know where you see systemic racism.
    Let me help you.

Systemic racism is when people ignore 400 years of slavery, Jim Crow, KKK, lynchings, segregation, discrimination, murder by cop - and instead key on current day wedlock, crime, drug statistics, and anything under the sun that can be laid against the oppressed group without once mentioning the 4 centuries that led up to the poverty and ongoing racism underlying all those statistics.

That's one form of systemic racism. If you want more, which I doubt, research the term on that huge library that is right there at your fingertips, the internet.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 02:02 PM
    Empty and pathetically meaningless answer. If you don't know, then just don't post. Reflecting on what everyone here already knows about accomplishes nothing.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 02:20 PM
    Reflecting on what everyone here already knows about accomplishes nothing.
    Everyone except you. Time for you to reflect and research. Posting mindless rebuttals accomplishes nothing.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 03:07 PM
    Posting mindless rebuttals accomplishes nothing.
    I'm glad you are finally starting to learn that. Now maybe you can stop doing it.

the debts of mediocrity
    What???

As for the rest of your post, Tal, I keep telling you that if you come up with some specific suggestions, then we can discuss them. You posted some earlier today and I replied to them. You have not responded so I'm kind of disappointed. But at any rate, saying that some things need to be changed is far different from suggesting we burn the system down. To use your analogy, it is one thing to fix the house where it needs it. It is altogether different to suggest we just burn the whole thing down and start over from the ashes with no resources to work with.

WG, coming to Mississippi would be refreshing to you. We don't kill ten or fifteen people every weekend.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 03:16 PM
    Why we don't need to do mail-in voting.

Treasury sent 1 million dead people coronavirus stimulus checks worth $1.4B, watchdog finds.https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/tr...5yhjmQIolHZlnE
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2020, 03:18 PM
    I'm glad you are finally starting to learn that. Now maybe you can stop doing it.
    You first.
    WG, coming to Mississippi would be refreshing to you. We don't kill ten or fifteen people every weekend.
    Been there. Wasn't impressed in the least. And I'm not from and don't live in Chicago.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 03:21 PM
    I'm glad you are finally starting to learn that. Now maybe you can stop doing it. [Mindless rebuttals}
    The mindlessness is all yours, always has been. Own it.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 03:36 PM
    The mindlessness is all yours, always has been. Own it.
    Thank you for giving a wonderful illustration of your point concerning mindless rebuttals.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2020, 03:39 PM
    Thank you for giving a wonderful illustration of your point concerning mindless rebuttals.
    I used your method of non-rebuttal rebuttals.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2020, 03:40 PM
    I used your method of non-rebuttal rebuttals.
    You must like it a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a bigger problem than I been addressing it as? [ 3 Answers ]

I married 8 months ago at the age of 20. We met online and talked for 2 years and then married only 2 months after meeting. I So I moved from the northwest all the way to the southeast to lie with him in his family's house. We knew before we married that we shared opposing religious beliefs. His...

Bigger bra [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I wear these little crop top thingys but they're too tight and leave marks. I really think I need a padded bra or a bigger bra but I'm too afraid to talk to my mum about it. What shall I do?

How do I tell my mom I need get a bigger cup bra [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to tell my mom that I need a another bigger bra, but right before I try to tell her I freeze up and say something totally off the wall. I try to tell her and my sisters are around her all the time. Also my sisters are saying to me go get a bra that fits or they will say go put on...

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

Getting fit and bigger [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start getting bigger in muscle mass and fitter in running but I do not want to go stupid and end up looking weird and I am wondering if someone could help me, I will be in the gym at least 5 days a week 1 time a day but I do not know what exercises to do, I want to do a day on each muscle...

View more questions Search