Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2020, 06:38 AM
    I have no problem with the dufus travel ban, but it was more a closing the barn door after the horse got out move and he didn't lock the door, there were enough exemptions and exclusions to have enough free flow to further complicate things but in fairness much of that couldn't really be helped, as it was inevitable that Biz would get the shipments already planned and loaded and enroute. I suspect that would be true of all the world markets.
    All 20-20 hindsight horse poo .
    Bloomberg is late to the game but this is the reality the shaped decisions then .....

“The reality is that we could have been better off if China had been more forthcoming,” Vice President Mike Pence said Wednesday on CNN. “What appears evident now is that long before the world learned in December that China was dealing with this, and maybe as much as a month earlier than that, that the outbreak was real in China.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...18cZMiNLh7eI4Y

LOL Tom, sooner or later you will accept that liberals are as American as conservatives. I get you want a small weak central government with states doing their own thing, but during this pandemic shouldn't we be all on the same page fighting our common foe? Florida and Georgia joined the fight yesterday. The Georgia governor just found out the virus can be spread by people who are a symptomatic after all this time. Where has this dude been?
    No you are absolutely wrong . We don't need central control .Federalism works . What is happening in NY is not the same as what is happening in other localities . WE do NOT need top down management of crisis . States cooperate with each other . When Florida or New Orleans gets hit with hurricanes then hundreds of people from this area who can help get in their cars and trucks to gladly assist . They don't need Washington to command them to do so . The problem with liberalism is that you get so used to government direction that people are helpless when something happens .They stand around doing nothing on their own ;blaming Washington for not reacting fast enough from a thousand miles away
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2020, 06:41 AM
    There is a lot of difference between a government that ensures the right of individuals to pursue happiness versus a government that thinks it is there to guarantee happiness. The former is conservative thought. The latter is liberal thought.

All 20-20 hindsight horse poo .
    Exactly.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2020, 06:53 AM
    No you are absolutely wrong . We don't need central control .Federalism works . What is happening in NY is not the same as what is happening in other localities . WE do NOT need top down management of crisis . States cooperate with each other . When Florida or New Orleans gets hit with hurricanes then hundreds of people from this area who can help get in their cars and trucks to gladly assist . They don't need Washington to command them to do so . The problem with liberalism is that you get so used to government direction that people are helpless when something happens .They stand around doing nothing on their own ;blaming Washington for not reacting fast enough from a thousand miles away
    The USA has been hit with a crisis and is it against your federalist leanings for states and feds to cooperate for the common good, as this virus rolls through the country? I just don't think setting states against each other competing for resources is such a great idea and a lousy management style and fiscally irresponsible.

The whole idea of federalism is a cooperation between all the governing facets.
    Expert

Apr 2, 2020, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    There is a lot of difference between a government that ensures the right of individuals to pursue happiness versus a government that thinks it is there to guarantee happiness. The former is conservative thought. The latter is liberal thought.

Exactly.
    Conservative gobble D goop, not even close and while your at it show me where I objected to the travel ban, since my only complaint was it wasn't swift enough or strict enough. Now I get our dependence on Chinese goods, especially medical and electronic essentials may have played a role in that and may well fueled the virus here to some extent in those areas, but that travel ban doesn't stop the resumption on those goods again just because they say it's under control does it? Maybe it is but I would rather have that verified before those shipment dock if no body minds that. I mean they weren't honest before so why trust now?

And what's wrong with an efficient government that ensures the rights of everybody, and where does this guarantee language even come from. Like I say conservative semantic gobble D goop. Meaningless dribble.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2020, 07:26 AM
    And what's wrong with an efficient government that ensures the rights of everybody, and where does this guarantee language even come from. Like I say conservative semantic gobble D goop. Meaningless dribble.
    I'm all for an efficient government, but a gov that is 25 tril in debt is a million miles away from being efficient. A gov that sends out checks for thousands of dollars it doesn't have to people who are still working and in good financial shape is not efficient and is largely interested in buying votes and making the folks happy.

show me where I objected to the travel ban, since my only complaint was it wasn't swift enough or strict enough.
    I never said you objected to the travel ban. As to it not being swift or strict enough, you show us where you said that in January or February. As Tom said, that's just 20/20 hindsight poo.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2020, 07:31 AM
    adding to my timeline

January 14 . WHO sends out a message that corona -virus is NOT human to human transmission . That was a message they received from the Commie Chinese Party
    "Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in Wuhan, China,"
    https://twitter.com/who/status/12170...761152?lang=en

The USA has been hit with a crisis and is it against your federalist leanings for states and feds to cooperate for the common good, as this virus rolls through the country? I just don't think setting states against each other competing for resources is such a great idea and a lousy management style and fiscally irresponsible.

The whole idea of federalism is a cooperation between all the governing facets.
    It begs for Federalism which I might say is exactly what is going right . State governors ;mayors and local officials taking the lead with the Federal government assisting where it can . Your top down micromanagement style is what causes massive deaths in Soviet Union in Ukraine ;and in China's Great Leap forward . That system is a failed system . I can't believe anyone still clings to that failed model . Federalism does NOT set states against states . Problem is we have too many blue state governors like Cuomo who beggared NY preparedness for almost a decade and then whines that the Federal government is not doing enough
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2020, 07:41 AM
    and here is another useful timeline of the deception that the Commie Chinese played in this ... Xi and the whole party needs to be brought to the Hague to answer to the holocaust they have inflicted on the world . https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...TL8rB4yw5uiFQo
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2020, 07:48 AM
    Problem is we have too many blue state governors like Cuomo who beggared NY preparedness for almost a decade and then whines that the Federal government is not doing enough
    Very true and similar to the utter lack of preparedness in New Orleans after Katrina that somehow ended up being blamed on Bush. It was an inefficient governor and mayor that was the problem. Contrast that with Giuliani's performance after 9/11.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2020, 08:00 AM
    I wonder whatever happened to hydroxychloroquine? It was thought at one time that it was going to be the answer, but the next thing you know we are facing over a hundred thousand deaths

Well here you go. "Michigan, this week, requested hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine from the Strategic National Stockpile for physicians to use to help treat patients with COVID-19, after the Food and Drug Administration over the weekend granted an emergency use authorization for the anti-malarial drugs.
    But last week, Whitmer’s administration threatened physicians prescribing the drugs, saying they were subject to “administrative action” should they continue to use the medication."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...onavirus-drugs
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2020, 08:05 AM
    Chinese study came out yesterday which showed hydroxychloroquine to be effective, so it turns out, at least so far, that Trump knew what he was talking about. Hmm.
    Expert

Apr 2, 2020, 09:27 AM
    Approval for emergency use is not a tribute to effectiveness against this strain of virus and as your article points out there is no scientific proof of effectiveness. Its just two of a list of things being tested in a laboratory. Even the Chinese study shows that and that hasn't been verified either.

Hell of a leap of faith to believe the dufus, or China without PROOF!
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2020, 03:22 PM
    Approval for emergency use is not a tribute to effectiveness against this strain of virus and as your article points out there is no scientific proof of effectiveness. Its just two of a list of things being tested in a laboratory. Even the Chinese study shows that and that hasn't been verified either.
    "BREAKING: New controlled clinical study conducted by doctors ​in France shows that a combo of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin (Z-Pak) cures 100% of coronavirus patients within 6 days of treatment."

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/18/...covidtrial-io/

I guess that makes two formal studies and several informal studies. You can be so funny. If Obama had said the drug worked, you'd be writing songs to sing the praises of hydroxychloroquine, but since Trump endorsed it, we get, "Hell of a leap of faith to believe the dufus, or China without PROOF!" Wouldn't it also be a leap of faith to disbelieve Trump with the considerable evidence that does exist?
    Expert

Apr 2, 2020, 04:46 PM
    I won't lie I don't believe anything the dufus says, or repeats from someone else, without solid verifications, so when we get it definitively I'll let you know. Till then I keep my fingers crossed for those that are sick and suffering and hopeful the claims match the high hopes. That goes double for the Chinese my friend.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2020, 05:47 PM
    Honesty is refreshing!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2020, 05:58 PM
    "BREAKING: New controlled clinical study conducted by doctors in France shows that a combo of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin (Z-Pak) cures 100% of coronavirus patients within 6 days of treatment."

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/18/...covidtrial-io/
    we discovered that in Australia weeks ago, the problem is the nanny state won't let doctors treat the disease with out endless clinical trials, to prove the safety of the drug

I guess that makes two formal studies and several informal studies. You can be so funny. If Obama had said the drug worked, you'd be writing songs to sing the praises of hydroxychloroquine, but since Trump endorsed it, we get, "Hell of a leap of faith to believe the dufus, or China without PROOF!" Wouldn't it also be a leap of faith to disbelieve Trump with the considerable evidence that does exist?
    It is common sense to try all possible treatments and when one is shown to be effective in one place it should be adopted in others
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2020, 06:23 PM
    It is common sense to try all possible treatments and when one is shown to be effective in one place it should be adopted in others
    Especially in these times.
    Expert

Apr 3, 2020, 02:47 AM
    So out of fear and desperation we should forget the clinical trials and go straight to humans in the general population? I kind of think China has, or will, and we should follow THAT example and make Americans (Or anybody for that matter) the guinea pigs for the world? Is that common sense? I can see stocks in those producers rising with the price of each dose, and bragging rights that may not be justified.

I know for FACT the dufus has no degree in any science and can only repeat a chemical name he was told and we have not even reached a reliable thresh hold of testing for the virus itself, which makes the entire response, let alone treatments and cures, way behind the actual events.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2020, 05:25 AM
    Yes, the events run ahead of reason, but good news, the rate of infection is slowing here, since we stopped the pleasure boats, a very useful border control, stopping the boats and that other usefull border control, turning hotels into concentration camps noone gets in without a visit, and anyone who has no purpose here has been asked to leave, I think they are expected to swim, but wait there some empty pleasure boats (plague ships) leaving................
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2020, 06:01 AM
    I know for FACT the dufus has no degree in any science and can only repeat a chemical name he was told and we have not even reached a reliable thresh hold of testing for the virus itself, which makes the entire response, let alone treatments and cures, way behind the actual events.
    You know less than he does but that doesn't stop you from incessantly commenting on the subject. He has the advantage of meeting repeatedly with med experts, and he's a seriously smart guy who just happens to be the pres. I would think it strange if he didn't express his opinion.

So out of fear and desperation we should forget the clinical trials and go straight to humans in the general population?
    Clinical trials have been going on for weeks, so I'm not sure what your point is there. The two drugs have been in use for decades. The only question is not safety, but whether or not the drugs will work against CV.
    Expert

Apr 3, 2020, 06:22 AM
    You know less than he does but that doesn't stop you from incessantly commenting on the subject.

Clinical trials have going on for weeks. Have you been living on Mars?
    For every expert the dufus has multiple idiots around him, diluting common sense, and decisive actions, which allows him to rift his despicable character he knows some will buy...! Clinical trials even fast tracked are early in the process, but of course you can't wait to taut their success. Even a Martian would know that. Or a Chinaman, who has lied before, and a dufus who has lied before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Trump Sees Things [ 188 Answers ]

What happened: (1) Trump promoted violence and encouraged supporters to be violent. (2) Trump targeted specific people for repeated vicious attacks. (3) A domestic terrorist sent bombs to all the people Trump targeted. (4) Trump blamed the media.

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

The Coming Trump/Putin Administration [ 14 Answers ]

Trump being Putin's boy, what can we expect from the Trump/Putin administration on the international scene during the first year of their joint presidency?

View more questions Search