Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,303, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #421

    Feb 15, 2020, 08:26 PM
    Vac, I don't know where he got the hating minorities thing from either. I've never seen you post a racial remark.
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,705, Reputation: 172
    Ultra Member
     
    #422

    Feb 15, 2020, 08:41 PM
    Hating minorities is not confined to race, vac's latest remarks show hatred of goys who are a minority, at least where I come from

    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Paraclete: Bloomturd is WHITE! Where the devil do you get that I hate minorities? No basis for that statement....I stand by my claim Bloomturd is as UNCHARISMATIC as he can possibly be and will be trounced by Trump.
    What part of lifestyle don't you understand you have made very specific gay hate remarks now you try to cover by saying you are not racist,
    Vacuum7's Avatar
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member
     
    #423

    Feb 15, 2020, 10:01 PM
    Paraclete: FIND WHERE I SAID/DEFENDED MYSELF THAT I WAS NOT "RACIST" IN THIS THREAD: Nowhere did I use that term and YOU KNOW IT: You are attempting to draw an inference that doesn't exist and it is UNBECOMING OF YOU. Also, nowhere have I said I hated anyone or anything, other than communists, which I freely admit that I detest with passion.

    Gay means "happy": I don't participate or in any way adhere to the cute plays on words: As an Australian, and a purist of the English language, I would very much assume you have an utter disdain for the adulteration of this beautiful language by those who try and reinvent it to conform to their twisted concepts. Homosexuals are not a minority...not a minority by any stretch of the imagination. A "lifestyle" does not qualify you for any rating as a "minority": The next thing you will draw an inference with and to is that White Supremist are a minority because they, too, live a "lifestyle" that only a few percentiles of the population do. For WAY, WAY, WAY TOO LONG we have allowed THOUGHT POLICE, like yourself as you apparently aspire to be, to define what is accepted as fact which isn't fact and I say to hell with that idea.

    Homosexuals DO NOT HAVE SPECIAL RIGHTS OR PRIVLEGES BEYOND THE RIGHTS OR PRIVLEGES OF ANYONE ELSE. And, being homosexual doesn't offer you any special "armor" or shield against scrutiny: If you parade your precious "lifestyle" up on the proverbial "Public Square", as in running for POTUS, then you should be prepared for whatever comes your way: You better put on your Big Boy Pants when you run for President: Trump has been attacked viciously every single day leading up to his election and every single day since he was elected so why should a homosexual candidate not be attacked, what make him special? The homosexual Presidential Candidate can't wear his mantle of homosexuality as a shield to deflect ANY RHETORIC directed his way: He doesn't get a pass!

    I also find your "selective" moral outrage to be more than a little strange: You admonish abortion as "a sin", and I agree with you, but you turn right around and do not have a problem with homosexuality: How does that square with your Christian views?
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,705, Reputation: 172
    Ultra Member
     
    #424

    Feb 16, 2020, 04:00 AM
    As I said vac, I don't approve of their lifestyle or the life style of neo-nazi or communists, but your outrage is unbecoming. Where I come from we count gays as a minority, but if they are part of the majority there, I don't think that is news. For the sake of definition, a minority is any group who is not in the majority and may hold different views to the majority. There are many sins, and none of us are immune. Nor long ago here a prominent sports star made a declaration somewhat similar, however, he used the word homosexual and that is all anyone saw. He was castigated in the media, etc. As to a candidate wearing a mantle of homosexuality, he probably just feels he was following the lead of BO, although he didn't come out of the closet.

    https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/in...421fe868fb02b8

    Minorities don't let things go, you exhibit the same traint
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,227, Reputation: 10853
    Expert
     
    #425

    Feb 16, 2020, 04:13 AM
    I don't know what the gay lifestyle is other than a choice of sexual partners, and probably no different in heteros in the sense of how they conduct their lives and on average are no more or less promiscuous than heteros. The dufus just sets a very low bar for respectful public discourse though, and unfortunately influences others to follow suit. As far as I can remember though many of us have pet names for public figures, or political parties.

    You really think BO was a closet gay Clete? That's almost slanderous.
    Vacuum7's Avatar
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member
     
    #426

    Feb 16, 2020, 08:18 AM
    Paraclete: O.K., if you think the Campaign season in the U.S. is not as civil in the U.S. as it should be, you are probably right....but you should extend that thought: It used to be that once the "CAMPAIGN" and elections were over, civility came back into fashion: BUT NOT SINCE TRUMP WAS ELECTED! The atmosphere is as acrid as Australia's air this Summer from all the fires....he hasn't been offered any olive branches and, because of his nature, to fight back, he has also responded-in-kind! So, civility is going the way of dinosaurs it would appear.

    I am willing to be more "civil" by your definition but I will continue to point out extreme differences in candidates....you don't like the word I used to identify the homosexual candidate, then I won't use that word to identify him as such....but I reserve the right to identify him for what he is.

    All minorities, by your definition or by mine, strive to "fit in" and become undistinguishable amongst the general population UNLESS they choose to make themselves obtuse and stand out and bring attention to themselves, which invites the majority of the population to then recognize them as nonconformists. Paraclete, you have STEREOTYPED minorities by saying that "Minorities don't let things go" and, in effect, you have stated a view that minorities cannot assimilate with the majority population, reinforcing the idea that they are to be regarded as "different" and that they should be treated as such.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,303, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #427

    Feb 16, 2020, 08:42 AM
    Paraclete, you have STEREOTYPED minorities by saying that "Minorities don't let things go" and, in effect, you have stated a view that minorities cannot assimilate with the majority population, reinforcing the idea that they are to be regarded as "different" and that they should be treated as such.
    Interesting observation. I wonder how far we intend to go with "tolerance". If a man sleeping with a man is OK, and a man marrying a man is OK, then how about a man marrying two men, or two women, or a fifteen year old girl, or for that matter an animal? Already there is a movement to be able to "self identify" as a dog. So now that we have cast off the idea of moral boundaries, where does it go?
    Vacuum7's Avatar
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member
     
    #428

    Feb 16, 2020, 10:19 AM
    jlisenbe: I am fixing to answer your question with a response that I KNOW you, as a fellow Southerner, have heard before and a phrase I have heard my Father say before: We are "Going To HELL If We Don't Straighten Up!" Have any truer words ever been said?
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,894, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #429

    Feb 16, 2020, 12:24 PM
    From JL: "...a man sleeping with a man is OK, and a man marrying a man is OK. And women loving and marrying each other."

    Don't forget. God set up binary, but after what happened in Genesis 3, those binary types took it upon themselves to disobey their Creator and, as a result, ushered in non-binary types. (Hey! Those male-male, female-female matings mean no abortions!!! God always brings good into our lives.)

    Now the universe is full of uncountable possibilities. (There was no death before Genesis 3, so what did lions and tigers eat?)
    Vacuum7's Avatar
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member
     
    #430

    Feb 16, 2020, 02:37 PM
    W.G.: You left out the little part about PROCREATE: Without a WOMAN-MAN COUPLING, there is no HOMOSEXUAL...and there is NO MAN, PERIOD! Given unto their own devices, homosexuals will go the way of dinosaurs: they will go extinct because HOMOSEXUALS CANNOT PROCREATE...THEREFORE HOMOSEXUALS CANNOT SUSTAIN THEIR POPULATION AND THE POPULATION WILL EVENTUALLY DIEOFF.

    The world can be cruel. One of the cruelest notions is that homosexuals can rely on the charity of a MAN-WOMAN COUPLING to continue their populations. Use logic to find the end results of this.

    Again and again, as I have said before, even if you are an atheist or agnostic or even a religious person of any description: NATURAL LAW and THE LAWS OF NATURE DICTATE THE ABSURDITY OF HOMOSEXUALITY: IF YOU DON'T FIND IT IN NATURE, IT IS UNNATURAL. It is very simple.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,303, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #431

    Feb 16, 2020, 03:15 PM
    Don't forget. God set up binary, but after what happened in Genesis 3, those binary types took it upon themselves to disobey their Creator and, as a result, ushered in non-binary types. (Hey! Those male-male, female-female matings mean no abortions!!! God always brings good into our lives.)

    Now the universe is full of uncountable possibilities. (There was no death before Genesis 3, so what did lions and tigers eat?)
    You flippant attitude is unappealing. There are no "non-binary types" in the Bible. It plainly condemns sex outside of marriage and plainly defines marriage as between a man and a woman.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,894, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #432

    Feb 16, 2020, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    W.G.: You left out the little part about PROCREATE: Without a WOMAN-MAN COUPLING, there is no HOMOSEXUAL...and there is NO MAN, PERIOD! Given unto their own devices, homosexuals will go the way of dinosaurs: they will go extinct because HOMOSEXUALS CANNOT PROCREATE...THEREFORE HOMOSEXUALS CANNOT SUSTAIN THEIR POPULATION AND THE POPULATION WILL EVENTUALLY DIEOFF.

    The world can be cruel. One of the cruelest notions is that homosexuals can rely on the charity of a MAN-WOMAN COUPLING to continue their populations. Use logic to find the end results of this.

    Again and again, as I have said before, even if you are an atheist or agnostic or even a religious person of any description: NATURAL LAW and THE LAWS OF NATURE DICTATE THE ABSURDITY OF HOMOSEXUALITY: IF YOU DON'T FIND IT IN NATURE, IT IS UNNATURAL. It is very simple.
    There is nothing in the Bible that forbids homosexuality. And since lesbian couples cannot reproduce (except by means of expensive IVF) nor can gay couples, your fears about abortion are washed away. Those couples adopt the parentless children whose bio-parents can't support them or don't want them. And there are a lot of parentless children out there! -- and always will be.

    Homosexuality is very much in nature. Do some homework!
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,894, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #433

    Feb 16, 2020, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You flippant attitude is unappealing. There are no "non-binary types" in the Bible. It plainly condemns sex outside of marriage and plainly defines marriage as between a man and a woman.
    Of course there are! Of course, the writers didn't SAY it in print because it wasn't that uncommon. Hmm, what about David and Jonathan's love for each other? Do some honest research beyond the fundie stuff.

    Yes, God started out with male-female marriage, but that got turned on its head in Genesis 3.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,227, Reputation: 10853
    Expert
     
    #434

    Feb 16, 2020, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    W.G.: You left out the little part about PROCREATE: Without a WOMAN-MAN COUPLING, there is no HOMOSEXUAL...and there is NO MAN, PERIOD! Given unto their own devices, homosexuals will go the way of dinosaurs: they will go extinct because HOMOSEXUALS CANNOT PROCREATE...THEREFORE HOMOSEXUALS CANNOT SUSTAIN THEIR POPULATION AND THE POPULATION WILL EVENTUALLY DIEOFF.

    The world can be cruel. One of the cruelest notions is that homosexuals can rely on the charity of a MAN-WOMAN COUPLING to continue their populations. Use logic to find the end results of this.

    Again and again, as I have said before, even if you are an atheist or agnostic or even a religious person of any description: NATURAL LAW and THE LAWS OF NATURE DICTATE THE ABSURDITY OF HOMOSEXUALITY: IF YOU DON'T FIND IT IN NATURE, IT IS UNNATURAL. It is very simple.
    https://whatdewhat.com/interesting-a...change-gender/

    Homosexuals have survived as long as man without procreating. What makes you think they won't continue?
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,303, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #435

    Feb 16, 2020, 04:18 PM
    Of course there are! Of course, the writers didn't SAY it in print because it wasn't that uncommon. Hmm, what about David and Jonathan's love for each other? Do some honest research beyond the fundie stuff.
    And again, there are no binary types in the Bible. When you say it is not said in print, then you are admitting it. As to Jonathan and David, they were both married, fathers of children, and there is not a whisper in the Bible of them sleeping together as man and woman. Even worse for your case, David's great sin did not involve sex with a man, but sex with a woman. You really should be ashamed of yourself to represent the Bible is such a way as to simply confirm your political persuasions. It is really pitiful. And then you further disgrace yourself by suggesting I need to do research. You present not one word of text, and then suggest someone else needs to do research. It is quite an adventure in misplaced boldness.

    As to your absurd comment on marriage, (Yes, God started out with male-female marriage, but that got turned on its head in Genesis 3), there is first of all not the slightest indication that what you say is true. Worse, even a grade school child would note that Jesus himself quoted the Genesis passage in Mark 10 as His view of marriage. There is not a whisper of a hint anywhere in the Bible of God approving gay marriage. You sometimes accuse me of shaming you. I wear the badge proudly. When one intentionally misrepresents the clear and plain teaching of the Bible, that person should be shamed thoroughly. Your intellectual honesty would be much better served by simply saying that you really don't care what the Bible says.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,894, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #436

    Feb 16, 2020, 04:26 PM
    Yes, God started out with male-female marriage, but that got turned on its head in Genesis 3.
    Yes, it sure did, didn't it!

    My goodness, as of Genesis 3, babies were born LEFT HANDED! and with a missing body part! and autistic! and ... and ... and ...

    Your intellectual honesty would be much better served by digging beyond the literal and the KJV of your Bible.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,303, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #437

    Feb 16, 2020, 04:42 PM
    My goodness, as of Genesis 3, babies were born LEFT HANDED! and with a missing body part! and autistic! and ... and ... and ...
    Let's see. People were born left handed, so now we have binary types? Well of course.

    Your intellectual honesty would be much better served by digging beyond the literal and the KJV of your Bible.
    Your prejudice betrays you. I don't use the KJV and I'm well aware that the Bible has many passages that are not to be taken literally. Unlike you, however, I don't just make it up as I go along to suit my preconceived notions. Unlike you, I do believe the Bible is meant to be taken literally in most places, even if it disagrees with your beliefs. You make statements which you cannot even begin to support with scripture, and then you get mad when you are called out on it.

    BTW, to address another of your prejudices, I am not a fundamentalist. I never cease to be amazed at the prejudice and perfect willingness to engage in name-calling of the group that is so insistent on calling for tolerance.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,894, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #438

    Feb 16, 2020, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Let's see. People were born left handed, so now we have binary types? Well of course.
    The aftermath of Genesis 3. You missed walking over the bridge.

    BTW, to address another of your prejudices, I am not a fundamentalist. I never cease to be amazed at the prejudice and perfect willingness to engage in name-calling of the group that is so insistent on calling for tolerance.
    I learned the name-calling from you.

    How about conservative instead of fundie?

    Please, please, please do some research! I actually used to be like you, so I understand.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 3,303, Reputation: 154
    Well & Pump Expert
     
    #439

    Feb 16, 2020, 05:05 PM
    WG, you cannot simply keep appealing to Genesis 3. At some point you need content.

    But I am not the apostle of tolerance. That is you.

    Conservative is fine.

    I assure you I have read as much on the Bible as you have and probably more. I never used to be like you and never hope to. I will not make it up to suit my own tastes as you do.

    If you have done so much persuasive research, then employ it. You have nothing to support your contentions. That is my chief complaint about you and why I would never hope to be like you. You might not like my conclusions, but you cannot say I have no scripture to base them on.

    BTW, I would be happy to join with you in calling for legal limits on presidential vacationing. I felt the same way when Obama was pres.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,894, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #440

    Feb 16, 2020, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    WG, you cannot simply keep appealing to Genesis 3. At some point you need content.
    You don't KNOW what happened in Genesis 3???

    I assure you I have read as much on the Bible as you have and probably more. I never used to be like you and never hope to. I will not make it up to suit my own tastes as you do.
    I very much doubt that you have. At least sixty years' worth?

    If you have done so much persuasive research, then employ it. You have nothing to support your contentions. That is my chief complaint about you and why I would never hope to be like you. You might not like my conclusions, but you cannot say I have no scripture to base them on.
    No, it's time you start digging and researching. You obviously have no respect for what I say, so please do some honest reading in reputable concordances and histories of Bible lands and Jewish practices. Read Kissing Fish by Roger Wolsey. Read up on the cultural background and meaning of St. Paul's made-up word, arsenokoites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Hillary Clinton has Parkinson's Disease [ 118 Answers ]

Do you think Hillary's run for the presidency is effectively over, based on her health? This link makes it appear it should be: Sick Hillary Coverup Is Imploding Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

President Hillary and First Husband Billy Bob Clinton. [ 9 Answers ]

Socialism From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Socialism refers to a broad array of doctrines or political movements that envisage a socio-economic system in which property and the distribution of wealth are subject to control by the community for the purposes of increasing social and economic...

Hillary clinton ? [ 4 Answers ]

How I can complain to my senator about..?

Hillary Rodham Clinton [ 45 Answers ]

6399 This thread is hereby established as a place to post POSITIVE attributes that apply to this canadate. Things that you find about this canadate that are positive. Due to all the negative press and mudslinging, having a place to come to post and read positive issues that apply to...

Hillary Clinton votes for WAR with the Iranians now? [ 5 Answers ]

Hilary Clinton wants to go to war with Iran? I thought she was against war? YouTube - Hillary Clinton Believes War With Iran Would Be Funny And why is she saying that every Republican supports the current War on Iraq? YouTube - * HILLARY CLINTON FLAT OUT LIES AT THE JUNE 3RD CNN DEBATE *


View more questions Search