Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AAndrew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2019, 01:37 AM
    How to detect spyware on Android phone?
    I think someone is spying on my phone. Whenever I open an app, it closes by itself. I’ve also noticed that the screen lights up by itself, even when I don’t get a notification. It is creeping me out! How do I know if someone has installed spyware on my phone? And how do I delete it?
    Rebekkah121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2019, 04:08 AM
    You may be able to view the spyware in the App Listing on your phone. Go to Settings >> App Listing to view the list of apps. If the spyware operated in visible mode, you can view the app in the App Listing. However, if the spyware works in hidden mode (some such as Xnspy work in hidden mode only), you will not be able to view the app in the App Listing. If you are sure that there is spyware on your phone, your best bet is to factory reset your phone. It will remove the spyware from your phone.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2019, 11:15 AM
    1up to Rebekkah, phone reset is best way to go. Afterwards, be sure not to install apps from unknown sources, only the play store or you may end up with the same problem again.

It would be wise to backup important photos and documents, and wipe the SD card too, if applicable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Issue with phone calls on my Android phone [ 0 Answers ]

I have been having a problem with my LG tribute HD. It hangs up multiple times during my phone conversations. The phone is a year old. This is very irritating to me and the people I talk to. How can I fix this?

Looking for an Android 'Find My Phone' App [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for a good, stable "Find My Phone" app for Droid 2.1, preferably free. Would also prefer one that has been professionally developed, vs something out of a garage. The best one I have found so far is Lookout. Free basic version, Screams phone, Shows location on PC or other smart-phone...

Cell phone spyware. [ 1 Answers ]

Do they make such a thing as cell phone spyware, if so does it work? I think my wife is texting and calling another man, when I am at work. Are there a way to check up on this without getting caught to make sure, any help would be great!!

How do you protect your phone from spyware? [ 2 Answers ]

Does the target phone have to have bluetooth and/or internet access? How do you protect your phone? I have been terrorized & home vandalized for 2 years-need help.

View more questions Search