Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimisita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Brownish stuff before my period
    OK where do I start...

I am 25 years old and gave birth three months ago, I am currently taking birth control pills (this is the second month on them). Two days ago (April 18) I had this terrible abdominal pain, and I know I should have gone to the hospital cause I couldn't even stand up straight, but I ignored it and went to sleep and went to the doctor's office (which was closed) the other morning, So I didn't do anything about it, around 7 o'clock yesterday (April 19) some brownish "blood" started coming out not a lot just as if I was starting my period, but I'm used to red blood, this one's brown. I was also told by my doctor that I should schedule an appointment, cause the papsmear that I had done the last time I went came out with "something" but I still don't know what it is... question is... Am I at risk of being pregnant? Does this have to do with the pap exam?

Please someone answer :confused:
    Michelle
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 12:00 PM
    It could be a wide range of things. I would suspect anything from ectopic pregnancy to PMS to endometriosis to HPV... Brown blood is old blood. I would take your doctors advice and go in for an exam. Esp. if your pap was abnormal. If the pain starts again, don't shrug it off, go to your nearest hospital. Pain like that is not normal and you don't want to mess with a lot of those possible problems..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular period and brownish discharge [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the because pills and later changed to the patches. However, the whole reason of getting on because pills was to make my menstruations regular. I have been off the patches for some time now, and My husband and I are trying to conceive.Well, I haven't had a period for 6 or more...

Late period, brownish blood/discharge [ 1 Answers ]

My period is about 3 days late and today I started to get some brownish discharge or blood it kind of looks like the end of my period. I'm not sure what going on. Does anyone know?

Period stuff. [ 1 Answers ]

A week ago brown discharge started to come out. I read that it was normal, and this was my first period. A few days later is stopped, and now clear white discharge is coming out, like before the brown discharge. What's happening? Do I have my period?

Instead of period, brownish spotting with odor [ 1 Answers ]

:( hi, my name is sarah, I'm 19. I had a miscarriage in September 2005. Last month(october) I ovulated on the 10th, my boyfriend and I have been having sex with out protection up to 4 times a day since then. Two days ago (november 28th) I was expecting my period but instead I had a browish color...

View more questions Search