Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    NeedLicenseBack's Avatar
    NeedLicenseBack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 6, 2019, 12:34 AM
    Moved states, lost license, cant get new one?
    Try to make this as short as possible for you.

    I moved to another state. But before I could switch drivers license, it was lost in the move. But when I contacted my old dmv, they said I had to come in for a new picture as it was due. I explained I was 3000 miles away but the girl didn't have any answers.

    The new dmv says they cant issue me a state license here without a physical copy of my previous state.

    So what do I do?

    Is it possible for me to just apply for a license here and go through the written and road test again?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Mar 6, 2019, 03:40 PM
    You should be able to do so. You should report your old license lost or stolen with the police. After that you should be able to take a new test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company moved across states, received 3 state w-2's. [ 5 Answers ]

My company moved its physical location from the state of Missouri to Kansas last year. My residence was in Missouri and I moved to Kansas shortly after the company moved as well. As a result, I received 3 W-2s from the company with the same EIN. One for MO, and one for KS and another for K3...

Tax ID and business license for different States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am starting a new business (LLC). My company is incorporated in Delaware but I will be doing business (selling products) in different States. I know I have to get the Federal and State tax ID from Delaware to get the business License. My questions are: Do I need to get the business...

Does international drivers license works in united states [ 1 Answers ]

What do you need with international driver's license

Child support suspended license in other states [ 1 Answers ]

Can I move to another state and work with my license suspended from child support? Or will the record follow me there? I need proof of what I am earning and on the books job won't take me because of my criminal record.

View more questions Search