Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Relpster's Avatar
    Relpster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 12, 2019, 09:36 AM
    Change spelling on birth certificate
    I want to change the spelling of my first name on my birth certificate. It is now Ricki
    And I want to change it to Rikki. How do I go about that?
    ma0641's Avatar
    ma0641 Posts: 15,681, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

    Feb 12, 2019, 03:01 PM
    You don't change your birth certificate. You go to your local courts, possibly probate court, and petition for a legal name change.
    If you are a minor, your parents will have to do it.
    Done all the time, your petition will be publicly posted in your local newspaper for 3-4 weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I change the spelling of a name on the birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

My husband's name is spelled one way, his social, pay stubs, tax documents, and everything else is spelled another way. Can I change the spelling on his birth certificate? Do I have to go to Puerto Rico or is this something I can do here in NY.

How to change spelling in birth certificate in pimpri chinchawad city [ 1 Answers ]

I want to correct spelling mistake in my sons birth certificate Kindly tell me procedure

How can I change my first name spelling on my Birth Certificate in Puerto Rico [ 2 Answers ]

I want to change my first name its spelled wrong... example My name is Martina and they put Marta. How can I fix this?

Change spelling of name on birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I was born in NJ and currently live in GA. My mother changed a letter in my first name, but never had my birth certificate changed. All records (school, medical, employment, even SSN) has the post birth certificate spelling. My, drivers license and passport have the spelling that's on...

Need help to change the spelling of a name on there birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

The spelling on my sons birthcertificate is wrong he will be graduating soon and would like to get this fixed so his Deploma reads correctly... any help is appreciated and note I don't have much time... thanks

View more questions Search