Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Violetsun's Avatar
    Violetsun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Time Sensitive issue regarding fraud charges
    I know, I know this is going to start like you have all heard before, but I swear I am a concerned friend.

    A buddy of mine was fired from his job forging documents of Non existent companies and than stealing materials to paint some guys cars (the guys are drug dealers whom yes my buddy did this to obtain cocaine).

    After being fired his wife and him decided to move away from the area to save their family and marriage and get him away from the bad influences. They have lived in a small town for over 2 years. I have known them for over 15 years and have never seen them happier. He is working and supporting his family and has given up on all the drug habits as well as has no communication with the men from where he lived before.

    This is where the problem begins. He was pulled over by an officer while driving. The officer must have run his plates and what he found was a warrant for his arrest. He was immediately taken to toronto where he now waits for a bail hearing and court day. He was charged with fraud.

    He knows he has done wrong, he understands that but he has come so far and I don't know what to tell his wife or help her to help him. So I guess what I am asking is has anyone has had this experience or can help with options he might have. He is a first time offender.

    Thank you in advance.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Apr 19, 2007, 11:55 AM
    In his new home has he established relationships with clery or other community leaders?

    The first thing he needs to do is get an attorney. I'm assuming, in addition to being fired the company swore out a warrant which he ran out on. Most likely his best recourse would be to get character witnesses to testify that he has turned his life around in hopes of a reduced or suspended sentence.
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Apr 20, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Hello V:

    Scott is right on. Your friend needs a lawyer. He'll probably get probation.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the time limit for filing charges on someone writing a bad check [ 4 Answers ]

How long do you have to make charges against some for writing a bad check. It was a family member and I wasn't trying to go to court but she refuse to pay it's been a year and she's about to move out of the state.

Am I too sensitive? [ 16 Answers ]

Dear Readers, Before Thank you For Your Care Everybody! Time Sure Flies! I Haven't Posted Here For A Month Now! Kathleen And I Are Truly Back Together And I Have Been Seeking Counciling And Everything! I Changed A lot Since Than! We Are Back Together Since Sept 20 But Things Till Linger Us...

Need help with possible fraud issue [ 2 Answers ]

Sort of a complicated matter, but here it goes. My fiancÚ and I are trying to buy a house. She has some of the typical stuff hanging out on her credit report that you expect after a divorce, and most of that is getting cleared up. One disturbing item, though, has vexed us. There is an account...

View more questions Search