Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Water tanks
    Help I've turned water of at the mains turned it back on and can't get any water to flow from hot taps
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 10:17 AM
    From you post I must assume that you do have cold water flowing. You should not shut off your main unless you first shut off your water heater. Too much pressure can build up from water expansion. Let's start by checking the supply line to the water heater and the heaters operation. Insure your fuel is on and that the pipes on the top are very warm. Open the drain at the bottom of the tank and chcek to see if there is a good force of water and that it is hot. Come back with your observations and we'll go from there. I'm sure others will jump in by then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Balancing two bladder type water pressure tanks [ 11 Answers ]

Former owners installed two 85 gal pressure tanks. However, only one tank seems to be filling. The pressure switch is a 30-50 set at about 32-42. The tanks are new bladder type and are pressurized to 30 psi each. They are connect in series with the water line connecting to one end of the...

World War I Tanks [ 2 Answers ]

I am reasearching WWI tanks, I was wondering how the tank exactally works, also I was wondering when there was in event during WWI were the Tank was successfully used. What are some advantages and disadvantages of it (when the tank backfired) Thank you

Hooking Up 2 Hot Water Tanks [ 8 Answers ]

I'm Trying To Hook Up Another Hot Water Tank So I Have More Hot Water I Have One Hooked Up And Have A Pump On It To Circulate The Water Thruogh A Coal Furnace And Was Wondering Where To Tie The Water Lines For The Second Tank Into

Help: Toilet tanks too FAR from wall. [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks so much for this site, it is very informative! We are about to close on a new construction home. This house is located out of state, and we just discovered that the 3 toilets have been placed 2½", 4½", and 6" away from the wall. The builder said they were placed that way because of the...

View more questions Search