Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    garnet196's Avatar
    garnet196 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 10, 2018, 04:35 PM
    Why would a parole officer tell a parolee to be homeless
    My son's parole officer told him he could not live in a house that was
    351 feet from a school and told him to leave. Being that we did not live in California he had no home to go to . THE PAROLE officer said that was not
    His problem.

    Can we sue him.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Oct 10, 2018, 06:39 PM
    You son must have a court order, or part of his parole that he has to live a certain distance from a school. This is common in some specific crimes they they would be convicted of.

    It is not the parole officers problem to give him a place to live. He can go to a shelter. He can seek out programs. He can get a job and find a place to live.
    Or find a place to live further from a school.

    Your son, knew the rules, and is actually lucky (so thank the parole officer) for not sending him back to prison for breaking the rules.
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646

    Oct 10, 2018, 07:33 PM
    The parole officer is right. Itís not his problem. Your so is responsible to find housing that fits the requirements of his parole.
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,494, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    Oct 10, 2018, 07:41 PM
    There aren't any houses MORE than the restricted limit from a school in California? What do I find that impossible to believe. As was mentioned... find other housing that meets the requirements. This isn't the Parole officers problem, its your sons. Rules are rules.
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646

    Oct 10, 2018, 08:43 PM
    And no. You can’t sue him. Your son committed a crime. He needs to learn how to follow rules if he wishes to be a part of society.

    * Edit to add...

    The parole officer didn’t tell your son he had to be homeless. He told him he couldn’t live in a residence within 351 feet of a school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who do u contact to report a parole officer when no one on the parole board listens [ 2 Answers ]

Live in the city of Trenton, NJ a parole officer told someone they had to go to a program that helps them find a job before even attending the program the person found a job so did't do the program,the parole officer then told the person to quit their job if they did't do that they would lock them...

Parole officer remove from making contact with parolee at his home what can I do [ 2 Answers ]

Parole officer harassing my mom was removed and I was given new officer be he showed up without calling first

Is it a parole violation to move without telling your parole officer? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My husband and I have been separated for 4 yrs. He was in prison (assault and drug charges) for the last 2 years, and recently was released on parole. He claims to be living in Anderson county,TX and has all his home visits there. Thing is, he's living here in Smith County,TX with one...

Perot Officer sending parolee back to state he was kicked out of. [ 1 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon who was sentenced to the leave the state of Ky. My probation officer is considering sending me back to Ky. The judge has retired in Ky I am wondering if I will get to return to my home state. I am living in Tn currently , I have family in Ky.

View more questions Search