Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    foreverromantic's Avatar
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member

    Jun 21, 2018, 10:41 AM
    Replacement of kitchen sink question
    I still have a dual kitchen sink ceramic from many years. I may want to try to change it to a stainless steel sink..
    I was surprised to learn that plumbers do not do this type work. I called two.
    It seems because this current sink has a stainless steel rim all around it and not flush with the cabinet, that only a remodeling contractor does this.
    My maintenance man told me they just need to measure and take the old out and place the other in.
    Although I do know from research some are deeper than others, so they need to take measurements.
    Is this a big job? And do remodeling companies only do this??

Check out some similar questions!

Question re pipe covering under kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

There is a series of pipes running along the back of the wall underneath my kitchen sink. They appear to have been covered with some kind of material that is now disintegrating (it peels off like layers of cardboard and smells mildewy especially now that the weather is warmer). I checked and...

Having trouble finding the correct kitchen sink sprayer nonthreaded replacement hose. [ 9 Answers ]

The valve assembly under the sink is brass with a integral tee for the sprayer hose. The hose connector is unthreaded. Under the sink at the end of the stainless steel sprayer hose is a 3/4" long brass coupling, then a gray plastic piece inserted into the brass coupling that fits over the integral...

Kitchen Sink Sprayer Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

My old spray head literally fell apart. I replaced with a new head (Danco brand). The problem is that now I get a weak spray with most of the water coming out of the faucet and not the sprayer head.

Kitchen Sink Electrical Question [ 4 Answers ]

1. Is it okay to have a surface-mounted incandescent pull-chain light above a kitchen sink? The bottom of the globe is 24" above the top of the sink. 2. As shown in this drawing, the kitchen sink is in the hallway. The "kitchen" room does not have a sink. I would like to supply the GFI...

Kitchen sink relocation- Drain and vent question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to relocate the sink to the opposite wall. This is about 10' from the current location. Can I just extend the drain pipe under the floor from old to the new location ? I am not quite sure if there other code requirements. I think a slope of 1/4 per foot is one requirement. Thanks,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.