Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    rob7872's Avatar
    rob7872 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 7, 2018, 05:39 PM
    Protecting my children
    My ex partner and I have 50/50 custody. Her new partner assaulted her very seriously and was jailed for 14 months. He has come out of jail and they are now living together again. I am scared for the safety of my children when they are residing at her place for 50% of the time. Is there anything I can do to protect my children. I obviously don't want to wait until something happens.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855

    Jun 7, 2018, 06:08 PM
    File for a change in your custody arrangement based on the behavior of her roommate. Did you have a lawyer for your custody agreement?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Jun 8, 2018, 02:54 AM
    You will need to get your lawyer to request a change in visits based on this. And link actions or dangers to the children to their behavior.
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Jun 9, 2018, 10:47 AM
    If it were me I would file for an ex parte order right away and get things changed as soon as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Protecting evidence [ 3 Answers ]

How can you get a cctv footage which played key roll in a wrong conviction, the CCTV was confirmed that it can't be out more than 10 secs yet the footage shown was 6 minutes out with none of the incident shown the porsecution acted very dilenty towards it but told barrister he wouldn't accept it...

Protecting my son. [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I begin... my son just turned six and his biological father will be back from the vacation with bars on the wall in Dec 2013... he has never seen him, nor is his name on the birth certificate... I'm terrified of the unknown when he gets released... he was imprisoned in another state... but...

Protecting accounts [ 1 Answers ]

My Wife has Credit card judgement against her, What can you to to protect out Bank accounts(joint & hers))? If my bank account is levyed, can they take future paroll deposits?

Protecting OSB [ 4 Answers ]

After framing, roofing, and putting up OSB, how long is it safe to leave standing, open to the weather, before covering with Tyvek?

Am I protecting myself... [ 16 Answers ]

So OK - a while back I posted a thread telling you about how I cried tears of happiness for the first time and how I was falling in love with Pete. I had began opening up to Pete and opening my heart up - but now I feel really vulnerable and feel uncomfortable exposing myself - but I don't...

View more questions Search