Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hifidavid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 08:19 AM
    How to Confirm Settlement after Summons
    I'm from: MA

From a previous post is the background on getting the standard Summons w/ a 20 response requirement.

Our situation is similar, since then, we have spoken w/ the CA and have agreed on a payment plan, which I got in writing from them. We have also responded to the summons with the normal "deny" etc.

The CA does want us to sign a "Statement of Judgment", which will admit guilt I suppose, right?
    There is no dollar amount or any statement from the court or the CA that would tie in the settlement I got from the CA, to this? How do I do this? What is the best way to insure we pay only what is owed and due, and it is settled in the eye of the court?

Do we go to court and iron it out? I'd really like to try and have a settlement that will NOT result in a Judgment.

Many thanks!!
    Edit/Delete Message
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 18, 2007, 08:34 AM
    If you have a settlement in writing, then the suit should be withdrawn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another summons again. [ 4 Answers ]

This time is on $500 from a company that I have not heard of and they attached a copy of a Promisory Note that I signed in November, 2001. I do not know the status of limitations in Florida. Probably $500 plus court costs and attorney's fees doesn't sound like much, but my husband and I were...

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

Got P-Trap, Confirm it Exists [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house built in 1981 unfinished basement. Roughed in bathroom pipes. One pipe vent, one pipe shower/bath, one pipe toilet. Anyhow, on the shower/bath pipe I poured water down the pipe, drains normal but I can still see water at bottom (no evidence of tee ot 90deg bend at bottom) does...

View more questions Search