Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nimmyajit Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 01:49 AM
    Female condom
    Hai,

Iam married since couple of months and is under planning. We use condoms but doesnot give that pleasure.one of my friend has advised me to use female condomn.can anyone share their experience of using female condomn.

Njt
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Apr 18, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Er... I'm guessing by the lack of response that no one has really used one. They never took off in England, they are expensice and fiddly and I can't see how they would be any more pleasurable. There are hundreds of different types of condoms that will give different sensations that you could try. Is there a reason why you could not both be tested for STDs and then rely on the pill or another similar form of contraception since you are in a long term relationship?
    anette Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

Apr 18, 2007, 08:13 PM
    The female condom is a polyurethane sheath or pouch about 17 cm (6.5 inches) in length. It is worn by a woman during sex. At each end of the condom there is a flexible ring. At the closed end of the sheath, the flexible ring is inserted into the vagina to hold the female condom in place. At the other open end of the sheath, the ring stays outside the vulva at the entrance to the vagina. This ring acts as a guide during penetration and it also stops the sheath bunching up inside the vagina.

How to wear it ?

Squeeze the inner ring with thumb and middle finger (so it becomes long and narrow), and then insert the inner ring and sheath into the vaginal opening. Gently insert the inner ring into the vagina and feel it go up. Place the index finger inside of the condom and push the inner ring as far as it will go. Make sure the condom is inserted straight, and is not twisted inside the vagina. The outer ring should remain on the outside of the vagina. The penis should be guided into the condom in order to ensure that the penis does not slip into the vagina outside the condom. Use enough lubricant so that the condom stays in place during sex.

Advantages
    ·Opportunity for women to share the responsibility for the condoms with their partners
    ·A woman can use the female condom if her partner refuses to use the male condom
    ·The polyurethane, the material the female condom is made of, is less likely to cause an allergic reaction than a male latex condom.
    ·It can be inserted up to 8 hours before intercourse so it does not interfere with the moment
    ·The polyurethane is thin and conducts heat well so sensation is preserved

Disadvantages

The outer ring is visible outside the vagina, which can make some women feel self-conscious
    The female condom can make noises during intercourse. Adding more lubricant can help this problem.
    Some women find the female condom hard to insert and to remove
    It has a higher failure rate in preventing pregnancy than non-barrier methods such as the pill
    It is relatively expensive and relatively limited in availability in some countries

Try once and find out how it suits your need.My advise is to go on oral contraceptive pills which is much cheaper and keeps you away from the condomns. You can have a natural touch of joy and sensation.

Good luck
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Apr 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
    If you are thinking hormonal contraceptives, the ring is an option as well. Keep in mind that all these methods of birth control come with some small side effects that they are not 100% sure. I mention the ring because it is easier to use than the pill, but not everyone likes it. It is a ring, just like one on the female condom, and it is left in the vagina for 3 weeks, take it out the fourth, which is when you get your period. Some women like it because they don't have to remember to take a pill each day:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a condom twice [ 13 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I had sex last night using a condom. I ejaculated and pulled out but never took the condom off. We did not have another condom, and we both wanted more. We waited a minute or two and then continued to have sex again. A little while in I thought that the condom felt funny so I...

Damaged condom [ 13 Answers ]

In case condom is damaged while using and u suspect that siemeb may have gone into the womb, then what precaution should be taken to avoid pregnancy

Condom size [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I do the best I can to try and practice safe sex if the opportunity ever presents itself but I have yet to find a condom that fits. I have used them all, the regular size and the small size and every single one just slips right off even when I'm erect. I don't even need to stretch...

Condom Leaked? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm worried and would really love some intelligent opinions. My girlfriend and I had sex yesterday, 9 days after her last period started, with a condom. About 20 minutes into the session, I checked out the condom and noticed that a little bit of white fluid was squishing around the...

The condom broke. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone. Last night me and my partner were having sex when the condom broke. Do you suggest I get the morning after pill? And if I do, I can't get it until tomorrow. Are there any other ways to prevent pregnancy? Also, I have a related question that I mght as well ask here too. I've...

View more questions Search