Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hofritz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2018, 07:40 PM
    Black specks in kitchen
    I have tiny pepper-like black specks on my stove and counter in the kitchen. As many times as I wipe them away, there are more again. Sometimes there are more seconds after I wipe the stove off. I never see them appear but they are there again and again. I looked at them with a magnifying glass and they do not seem to be living. The look black but when squished they seem brown. I never see any insects or mice. All food is in sealed containers and the kitchen and cupboards are very clean and dry. Nothing is falling from the ceiling which is clean and white. Call the men with nets if you want, but when the black specks remain on the stove for any length of time, they seem to eat into the porcelain and then there is a tiny permanent mark or chip. This is the size of a pin point. These things are nowhere else in the house only the stove top and counter. What the hell are they? Something in the air? Escaped nanobots? What?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 25, 2018, 01:47 AM
    Try sweeping some into a dish of clean water. The color after they dissolve will help you figure it out. My first guess would be soot.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2018, 09:03 AM
    I question whether "they seem to eat into the porcelain and then there is a tiny permanent mark or chip. This is the size of a pin point." Not unless you have acidic droplets from ???

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water smell and black specks [ 0 Answers ]

The hot water smells like horrible rotten eggs. Someone suggested it is probably the anodized rod in the tank. A friend replaced it. He drained the tank, not sure if he flushed it or added chlorine. The smell was better for 3 days, though still noticeable, and now it is back to being horrid. ...

Black specks on computer screen? [ 2 Answers ]

Two small black areas have appeared on the right side of my screen. They remain through all applications. How do I get rid of them? Or is the laptop beginning to break down. Everything else working all right.

Black specks [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé has felt weak, had a fever off and on, pains like heartburn, can't sleep at all, coughs non stop, and is throwing up a lot more lately. We need advice on what to do, we have no medical insurance. So we hate to make a trip to the hospital for nothing.

Black specks [ 1 Answers ]

I've noticed black specks around the inside of the toilet that don't go away after cleaning. What is causing this and how do I get of it?

View more questions Search