Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    johnnieedward's Avatar
    johnnieedward Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 16, 2018, 12:39 PM
    I received a letter stating i had a deficiency judgment with cmhc. Not a clue what th
    I received a letter stating I had a deficiency judgment against me with CMHC. Thet referenced an account number as well but I really have no clue what this is about? Is it a fraud or is it legit. Last week I also received a phone saying I owed revenue Canada money and if I didn't pay, I was going to jail. I ignored it as I've heard of many scams.

    What should I do as you can never get a hold of revenue Canada.
    ma0641's Avatar
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

    Jan 16, 2018, 03:08 PM
    Do you have a mortgage with them? Certainly anyone calling and threatening jail is a scam or a collection agency. Past bankruptcy or default?
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

    Jan 16, 2018, 04:01 PM
    The phone call is a scam, I've had it before too. They call, claim to be the FBI (which don't even operate in Canada) and that I owe taxes. If I don't call back the number they provide I'll go to jail. I've never called back because I know it's a scam. Revenue Canada doesn't do an automated call with a recorded voice to tell you you owe money.

    The letter should be easy enough to check out. Go online, find a website for CMHC, send an email. But make sure the website is legit.
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674

    Jan 17, 2018, 04:37 AM
    You are being scammed. Revenue Canada do not operate like that.
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674

    Jan 17, 2018, 09:14 AM
    And for that matter, neither do Central Mortgage and Housing Corporation. Report this to the police so they are aware of another scam going around. They should know.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Jan 17, 2018, 06:57 PM
    Hang up on any and all phone calls, if you get written letters, deny it and require them to send proof of the debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How far will a notarized letter go stating financial help? [ 0 Answers ]

Just about a month ago I moved in with my boyfriend in an apartment, they did not want to put him on the lease because of his felony but they agreed to let him live there as a tenant, therefore he signed a notarized letter saying he would be providing me with 700 a month for cost of living at these...

I received 1099-Misc stating I have received payment of $2,000 in 2010. [ 2 Answers ]

I received form 1099-Misc stating that I have received $2,000 in wages or compensation in 2010. I am not self-employed; have not provided wages individually and am confused about the receipt of this form. How do I find out who reported that they paid me $2,000 for services and how do I correct...

MIF Deficiency Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the statute of limitations on a MIF Deficiency Judgment is in Canada, or if it is regulated by province, Aberta? :confused: Thank You

I am 30 just received a notice stating that I am partially disabled. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been living with my uncle since I became disabled from a car accident. He wants me to pay money to live there but I don't have it. I do my best and I borrow money from friends to make ends meet. Now I owe friends. I do have about 1,500 dollar in a account. I want to save it for a rainy...

View more questions Search