Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OjibweTech Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Print spooler keeps stopping
    I am trying to install a printer but it keeps telling me the print spooler has stopped. I went into component services and re-started the print spooler service. I tried to install the printer again and again it tells me the print spooler stopped. I go back and check and yes, it quit again. Also I can't delete some older printers that a previous user had installed. It tells me that the printer spooler is not running.
    I tried a regcleaner, windows recovery with no success. I'm thinking of trying 'safe mode' to delete those old printers. I hope someone has some words of experience that can help me with this.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Apr 17, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OjibweTech
    I am trying to install a printer but it keeps telling me the print spooler has stopped. I went into component services and re-started the print spooler service. I tried to install the printer again and again it tells me the print spooler stopped. I go back and check and yes, it quit again. Also I can't delete some older printers that a previous user had installed. It tells me that the printer spooler is not running.
    I tried a regcleaner, windows recovery with no success. I'm thinking of trying 'safe mode' to delete those old printers. I hope someone has some words of experience that can help me with this.
    Which printer is it? Your OS is XP, which other programs/softwares are installed in your PC
    OjibweTech Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OjibweTech
    I got it resolved. There were old printer drivers in a WinSys32 folder that once were deleted, enabled me to maintain a running print spooler!
    Wooo hooooo, after that it was click/delete the old printers and clickclick to add my needed printer.
    Thanks for the try shave
    eclypse3demons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 08:10 PM
    If you are using Windows XP and this keeps happening, right click on My Computer and select MANAGE.

Then go to event viewer. Look for an error (latest one) if it says the following:
    The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this # time(s).

Go to the services and applications, then select services.
    Go down the list to Print Spooler, and double click it. At the top click on the Log On tab and make sure Local System account is selected, and also that Allow service to interact with desktop is checked.

Now check the hardware profile. This is the important part. Make sure this is enabled. If it is disabled, highlight the profile, and click the enable button. This may solve your issue.

-D:)
    FL007 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 05:39 PM

The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly on Windows 2003 Server. How to I fix this problem Thank you
    FL007 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 05:45 PM
    The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly on Windows 2003 Server. How to I fix this problem Thank you
    makader Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 16, 2011, 12:47 PM
    Keep Print Spooler Service running anyway. Hope this will solve your issue.
    fazli ahad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 09:43 PM
    How we configure it in windows7 it give message that 64 bit operating system you can't open this application

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Print spooler not working :( help please [ 17 Answers ]

OK first of all my dad wanted to move the computer so he just unplugged all the wires and replugged them... before we moved the computer, the printer was still working and after we moved the computer, and replugged the printer, the hp deskjet printer is missing when I go to "Printers and Faxes" and...

Stopping a restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to stop a restraining order?

Stopping garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

If you're on government aid, low income, single parent is there a way garnishment can be stopped?

Stopping a garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Can a garnsihment be stopped once it has started? Or do I have to let it run its course?:confused:

Toilet Stopping Up [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I have a 2 story home and the bathroom on the lower level continues to back up whenever I run the dishwasher or washing machine. All three here are on the lower level. I am on a septic system, which has been "sucked" out recently. The problem seems worse in the winter and when it...

View more questions Search