Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rustyn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 09:07 AM
    1995 Civic Headlight Indicator not working - help!
    The little warning "ding" that occurs if I don't turn off my headlights is not working. I don't see in my manual how to fix this, or if it's even just a fuse. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!
    blakeyjr99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 11:30 AM
    Headlight fix
    Check your wiring for a bad ground and bulb to see if it works when you reinstall a new bulb make sure not to touch the glass lens of the bulb ;)

Mar 14, 2005, 11:44 AM
    Do you mean...
    Just install a new bulb and that the ground of the current bulb is not working? Thanks for the help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2005, 01:53 PM
    On cars I am familiar with there is one module that dings for lights on, key in the ignition, seat belt, and whatever else. Any manual worth the paper it is printed on should have a schematic showing the various wires going to the module. If the rest of the dingers are working, identify the wire from the light switch. It should be hot with the lights on. If not, the light switch may be bad. If it is hot, and the rest of the dingers are working, you may have to replace the module. Likely cheap at the junk yard due to little demand.

If none of the dingers are working, there may be a wire from the ignition switch, ECU, or alternator. Check it to see if it is hot or grounded as the manual indicates. There are various ways to wire these things. I can't say what Honda does.

I recycled the seat belt buzzer for my truck by running one wire to the dash lights, and the ground wire to the alternator output through a diode. Current can't flow either way of the alternator is charging. With the lights on and the alternator off, current flows from the lights to the buzzer and then to ground through the diode and alternator windings. I also bend the contacts of a work truck module so only the head light reminder worked. It is a pain to have the other buzzers working in a truck you are moving a little and then jumping out and working a few minutes with the engine running.

Mar 14, 2005, 03:00 PM
    It's not worth the paper
    Just went through the whole manual and there is one brief sentence that mentions the warning buzzer in passing. That's it. However in the back is a very handy order form so that I may get an "1995 Civic Electrical Troubleshooting Manual" for 30 bucks. There is not a darn thin otherwise in the manual that gives enough info to do anything beyond replace a fuse. Thanks for the info!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Civic CX overheating [ 7 Answers ]

We are having trouble with my daughter's car. It overheats in traffic but does not seem to on highway. We have checked the radiator level and filled it but after a short while it needs refilling but we cannot find a leak anywhere. We thought she might have blown the headgasket when it first...

1995 Honda Civic Horn [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All: How do I attach the wries to the horn for a 1995 Honda Civic? Which wires go where? TIA Mike

01 Civic Ex headlight bulb replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone either please give some steps to replace the bulb on a 01 civic ex, or point me to a site that has a walkthrough available. I know it's probably easy but better safe than sorry I guess. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search