Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tedndee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2005, 02:33 PM
    Light flicker problem
    I have a new Hampton Bay flurorescent light (193871) that flicker (strobes) after it is turned off. It will strobe all night. I returned it one time, the new one does the same thing. What should I do :confused: ?

Tedndd
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Mar 15, 2005, 09:07 PM
    Blinking fluorescent
    Is your switch a dimmer switch or just on/ off

Mar 16, 2005, 04:44 AM
    Light Strobe Problem
    On Off switch only

Mar 16, 2005, 02:25 PM
    Blinking fluorescent
    Check to see if the wires are cross,( may be an other possibility is that the ballast is malfunction plus the back feed volt from an other fluorescent on the same circuit).

Mar 20, 2005, 11:48 AM
    Fluorescent light strobe/flicker
    The wires are corect, there is no line voltage with the switch off.

I went to Home Depot; they told me this is normal for some fluorescent lights. Is that true?

TEDnDee

Mar 20, 2005, 03:23 PM
    Refund
    When a lite is off it is OFF.not blinking... you got a defect product... blinking will burnout the lamp very quick. These lamps are not cheap... if you like the fixture enough may be you could make it work properly by install a switch that control both hot/neutral( assume hot/neutral come from the switch box)... OR DEMAND YOUR MONEY BACK guoc luck...
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2005, 02:15 PM
    Well you may not believe this,but this is your problem, you may be close to a nearby radio or TV transmission tower, or some other source of radio waves.

Fluorescent lamps can flicker due to strong radio waves. This is why they will seem on or flicker when the power is off.

Magicians use to do this as a trick to hold a lamp that is lit in their hands with no wires.

There is a remote lamp tester, or at least there was, on the market that would emit radio waves while the unit was aimed at a lamp out of reach,and cause the lampt to flicker or illuminate at a low level to prove it was operational.

Not really sure how to make it stop, if it is troubling to you. There may be some info on the net to help stop this phenomenon.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light switch problem [ 3 Answers ]

This site has been such a great help I though I would ask you a question about an electrical problem we are having. I have a home that is 2 years old and noticed from day one that we had some light switches that would arc slight when they were turned on. It turned out that the were wired using the...

Hampton bay fan / light problem [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into an apartment, and there is this hampton bay fan in the bedroom that was installed by a previous tenant. For the life of me I can't find a way to turn on the lights! When I flick the switch at the wall the fan goes, but not the lights - all the bulbs are fine. I wondered if this...

Light Flicker [ 11 Answers ]

I had a plug in the garage that was not working. I found the problem to be in the control panel and got the plug working by jiggling and finally pressing on the circuit breaker. Since then, I have noticed the other lights in the house will flicker. We used to get a little flicker on and off...

Light Flicker [ 1 Answers ]

I have a relatively new 100 amp service panel with breakers installed by an electrician in my 1950s Bungalow. I replaced most of the wiring throughout the house - most of which was ungrounded. I also replaced most of the switches and outlets. I installed some new recessed lighting. I get a...

Screen flicker problem! [ 2 Answers ]

I am having some trouble with my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8100/WinXP Home), namely a really irritating flicker on the screen. The best way to describe it is that it looks like bands of buzzing pixels covering the entire screen. So if my menu bar is dark purple, I see flashes of pink. After a few...

View more questions Search