Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzyconfused Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Missing birth control - ovulation timing? Chances of pregnancy?
    So here is my situation... any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have been on because for about 8 years. About two weeks into my pack (rougly 03/16) I lost it and therefore stopped taking the pill. My boyfriend and I had sex everyday (without protection) from about 03/30 - 04/08. On about 04/05 I had cramps and some bright red spotting. This lasted about half a day (pretty much only when I went pee and a little bit on a pantiliner), and then stopped for about 24hrs only to return and do the same thing for about 1/2 day. It did this starting and stopping of bright red blood for about 3 days. I did a HPT 04/12 and negative. I know this was prob too early to tell though. What do you think my chances of being pregnant are? And when do you think it would be OK for me to take another test?

I would really appreciate some opinions... thanks!
    kcoyle Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Apr 16, 2007, 11:12 AM
    I would get a blood test done. I was on the pill and took it everyday at 10am. Never messed up... and now I am 25 weeks pregnant. So, there is always a chance that you can get pregnant even when taking them. The fact that you had unprotected sex and were off the pill.. that just makes your chances even higher. Go to a doctor, get a blood test and get checked out.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 12:44 PM
    I agree with Kc above. There is ALWAYS a risk for pregnancy when you engage in sex, protection or no protection, it is always possible as the birth control pill is not 100% effective.

Now, you missed taking pills, so that dramatically increases your chances. Not so much as not taking the pill at all, but the pill should be taken religiously at the same time every day. I did and I now have 2 grown sons, so that also goes to show that it is not birth prevention, only birth control.

The bleeding may very well have been something called break-through bleeding.

You should wait until you miss your period and take a HPT using first morning urine, if that comes out negative, and you still don't have a period you should consult with your doctor for a blood test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ovulation and pregnancy [ 56 Answers ]

I ovulated July 24th about when is a good time to test for pregnancy?:confused:

Ovulation and chances of getting pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Even if the ovulation test is positive,can there be any other problems like blocked fallopian tubes that can prevent me from getting pregnant?What are the symptoms?

Birth control and Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I've been married now for over 3 years and my husband and I have had talks about starting a family. Last year, I got off the birth controls and for about 4 months had no period and then all of a sudden I had painful, heavy periods for over 2 months. So I got back on the pills. So we decided that...

Chances of pregnancy [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have fooled around a couple of times. And he was wearing boxers, but I wasn't wearing anything. And we were pretty much having sex with his boxers on. I don't know if he went or not, he acted like it once or twice. But I'm not sure. Each time we did this it lasted for about 30...

Chances of pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here and I've searched for answers everywhere and no one has helped. This may be a little long but PLEASE stick with me. I am on a normal 28 day cycle. On the 8th of Jan. I started my last period. So I was supposed to ovulate on the 21st or 22nd. My next period is due Feb. 5th. So...

View more questions Search