Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aishwarya1536 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2016, 12:31 AM
    velocity of particle is given by v=(4-t)m/s.find the distance travelled by the partic
    velocity of particle is given by v=(4-t)m/s.find the distance travelled by the particle in 6 seconds
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 17, 2016, 10:12 AM
    Hint: remember that the distance traveled is the area under the velocity versus time graph. If you're familiar with methods of integration it's real simple. If not, then I suggest you plot the function v=4-t from t=0 to t=6, and calculate the area. Post back with your attempt and we'll check it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate distance travelled by object when a impulse force is given [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know what is the formulae to find the distance traveled by an object of mass M when an impulse force is given to an object when friction is constant as Fr. I have an object M when I hit the object with force F(like hammer hitting the object), how much distance will the...

How do you find average velocity from a velocity time graph? [ 1 Answers ]

So if you we're to be given a graph with the slope, how do you find the average velocity from it? Also, what is velocity at halftime? Thanks!

a particle moves along a line with acceleration a(t)=5t+2. the velocity after 2 sec I [ 11 Answers ]

I need how to calculate the initial velocity and the velocity after 4 seconds

Find the average velocity of particle released at rest from height 125 m [ 3 Answers ]

take g=10m/s^2,it reaches the ground in the end

View more questions Search