Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    shareurinfo's Avatar
    shareurinfo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 27, 2016, 02:43 PM
    What form do I need to complete for a child support?
    Rec'd a letter from Co. Child Support saying that I am being sued by the State of Wisconsin. My husband and I are separated, but not filed legally. What form am I supposed to complete within 20 days?
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Sep 27, 2016, 02:51 PM
    Call the county Child Support agency and ask Is your husband the custodial parent? For the state to sue you for child support, he would have to be the custodial parent and have filed for state support.
    AK lawyer's Avatar
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977

    Sep 29, 2016, 04:59 AM
    I'm not sure whether, when she wrote "Co. Child Support", whether she meant "county" or perhaps "Colorado". Normally child support agencies are on the state, not county level. At any rate, if OP is being sued by Wisconsin, she should be served with a court summons, not just a letter from a child support agency.

    If this is an administrative action by a child support agency (rather than a lawsuit filed in court), an informal letter contesting the child support will probably do, but in any event, as ScottGem suggests, she can call and ask if there is any particular form which should be used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did my friends husband complete the wrong form? [ 1 Answers ]

Good afternoon! My friend married a Nigerian national while he was living in the DR! She is an American! He went back to Lagos to get his passport before it Expired in May! He had an interview at the consulate for a visa to come to the US to see his wife but he completed the form B12 and...

Tax return form I need to complete if I am a non US resident or citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am from South Africa and own a property in Florida. I am busy trying to organise which forms I need in order to fill out a tax return. I have sent the W7 form to obtain an ITIN, so I am awaiting that in order to fill out a W-8ECI for my withholding agent? I need to know now what tax...

What form do I file with IRS to take back my taxes they took for back child support [ 7 Answers ]

My ex pays child support sporadicly and never a large amount for three children, he owes 4 years of back child support. This year I received his taxes. Now 2 months later they are telling me he filed a report with IRS that reversed his taxes being given to me and gave his taxes back to him. Now...

Getting child support form non custodial parent [ 7 Answers ]

I have had an open case in Claifornia for a few years now. I was awarded $284 a month and have not reaceived a penny. The non custodial parent has a job but no proof and then tells the system he has no job at all. The outcome of not paying support is so far... suspension of license, bad credit, and...

View more questions Search