Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nmcghee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2016, 07:37 AM
    2005 mini cooper engine swap
    Hey you, I have a 2005 mini cooper that's chassis is in great condition (the motor and trany are as well) but I was wanting to make it fast, like ungodly fast, but keep it fwd. do any of you know of any cool engine swaps that don't cost over $8,000 in parts? I saw a video awhile back of some guys who stuck a wrx sti engine in a vw beetle and it was beating Porsche carreras, is there a swap that is possible to do like that with the newer minis without moving back the firewall? I don't care about if it can fully fit under the hood or not, I just don't want to have to deal with the firewall if I don't have to. I am a part time machanic and have a shop I can work at so labor does not matter.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 4, 2016, 07:44 AM
    The BMW 1.6 engine can be tweaked to serious power. The Cooper GP pulls around 250 bhp !!!
    Adding the supercharger from a Cooper S improves output to around 165 bhp without going outrageous, coupled with the 6 speed box this is very flexible....

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 96 civic with a mini me swap in it, and I think its wired up correctly. [ 1 Answers ]

I do not know how to read a haynes manual. I need help asap please. Thanks

Getting a Greyhound into the Mini Cooper Backseat [ 4 Answers ]

I need advice on helping my eight year old greyhound Shakie learn to jump into the backseat of my Mini Cooper S. She has always loved rides and wants to jump into the Mini, but the problem is that it is only a two door and it's really awkward for for her to jump in and out. The front seat doesn't...

Classic Mini Cooper - Plugging in Sat Nav [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Classic Mini Cooper but unlike most cars, there is nowhere to plug in my Sat Nav so when it runs out of battery I can't use it. Does anyone know how to get around this? Is there something I can buy which will let me plug in and recharge my Sat Nav in my car?

Winter tires for a 2007 Mini Cooper [ 1 Answers ]

The size of my summer tires are 195/ 55R16. I wish to purchase winter tires and I've seen some deals on some but they were different sizes. I know that other sizes will fit. So does anyone know the various sizes that will fit onto my car?

My first engine swap 2zz-ge engine [ 6 Answers ]

Here's the deal. I have been debating for a couple months no about trying my hand at an engine swap in my 2005 toyota corolla xrs. After doing some research I understand that this can become a serious undertaking. My main question is what are some of the most common road blocks that can be...

View more questions Search